Wanted: Buell 1125CR

just_some_dude

I have seen a few available, but you must be willing to travel.

If you are not familar with them... make sure you know the status on the existing stator, clutch weep, and of course the rotor nut.

Check the services performed, by who and when...just a heads up.

Good luck with your search, a great bike when they run.

Buell 1125s handle wonderfully and they feel like real Superbikes.  I had an 1125R.

They had a few out of the box issues, which were easily resolved...except for the stator.  HD issued a "fix" which prevents the stator from cooking itself, but can leave the bike starved for power in some situations, like long periods of idling in hot weather (think rush hour traffic).  There are a few options to fix the stator, but they can get expensive.

In 15,000 miles the stator never left me on the side of the road, but it was always in the back of my mind.

Edited by Tpoppa

Jeff, I have been trying to get him to bring that hawk to the track all winter. Even gave him a CBR to ride.

We are really hijacking this thread BTW.

Yeah,Jerry,come to the track bro!

It's not as bumpy as Nivin says !

Hijacker's R Us !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buell 1125s handle wonderfully and they feel like real Superbikes.  I had an 1125R.

Can you elaborate on this?

I'm curious what you mean.  Absent an agreed definition of what a "superbike" feels like, I'm just trying to figure out if you're talking about the horsepower, torque, weight, size, etc.

I've never ridden anything I would consider a "real superbike," but I'm basing my definition on race class rules, and not just engine displacement.   Even so, the 1125 was in the Daytona Sportbike class when it was being raced, which I think is the root of my curiosity.

Can you elaborate on this?

I'm curious what you mean.  Absent an agreed definition of what a "superbike" feels like, I'm just trying to figure out if you're talking about the horsepower, torque, weight, size, etc.

I've never ridden anything I would consider a "real superbike," but I'm basing my definition on race class rules, and not just engine displacement.   Even so, the 1125 was in the Daytona Sportbike class when it was being raced, which I think is the root of my curiosity.

The 1125R was raced in DSB and AMA Superbike.   There were 2 different states of tune that fit the rules for each class.  I believe that was also true for the Aprilia RSV1000.

The torque curve was very flat.  From the butt dyno, it pulled like a freight train from under 4k.  There is power across the whole rev range.  The motor on my CBR is docile by comparison.   

If memory serves, I believe the 1125 won 1 or 2 NHRA Drag Racing Championships.

Edited by Tpoppa