Malaysia Airlines loses contact with jet carrying 239 people

Casper

Good theory except the transmission from the co-pilot saying goodnight, was transmitted after the left turn was performed and there was no hint of distress. So they turned that plane left before losing communication

They aren't sure about that. I saw something that said they now think it was before.

As of when? The story I saw was running at 2 am eastern today... They were making a huge deal about it and had a time line playing

Two days ago, I think. Could be either way. They appear to be almost clueless. And what they do know, they don't want to tell. And the various media that are repeating stuff, don't have a firm grip on what they can get for information.

I can only guess there was an emergency. A pre-programmed turn was made. An attempt to put a fire out was made. And then it got worse. What will be hard to believe, would be if the last known position from the satellite was wrong.

Edited by ReconRat

So the story changes again. What they didn't tell us or make clear, is that there were two more distinct turns at waypoints after that first turn. Data found from multiple radars much later. The pilot was most likely conscious. That means most likely no fire. Nor was it likely aiming for an emergency landing. Right back to the big unknown cause.

Edited by ReconRat

There is, we just don't know where yet. Unless it stayed on course, in that case its in the jungle in south China.

Or it shows back up on radar, lands as planned, and nobody on board has any idea what people are talking about. They have no missing time in their memories. Dun dun dun.

• Upvote 1