Photo ID for Voters?

Strictly Street

Meanwhile, actual mummies are voting in mid-term elections

My grandfather voted Republican every election until he passed away, and then Democrat every election after.

http://youngcons.com/liberals-think-we-dont-need-voter-id-meanwhile-actual-mummies-are-voting-in-mid-term-elections/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Voters showing ID is racist say Zombies

• Upvote 1

Does it really matter? Either way it appears that she voted, yet she was DEAD. 

Yes it REALLY matters, if your position is that somehow voter ID laws will stop, slow, or inhibit this type of action (even the article i read said that it was likely a typographical error as opposed to voter fraud)

Voter photo ID laws only work for In-Person Voting..... if you're mailing an absentee ballot, how would they compare your ID to your face?

Edited by magley64

I didn't see anywhere in the article that she was voting in person, or absentee...

Voting records in Oakland County show Farrenkopf, who has not been positively identified by the Medical Examiner’s Office, is shown as voting in the November 2010 gubernatorial election.

Pontiac city records indicate Farrenkopf registered to vote in 2006 and had not voted until 2010, but officials point out that could have been an administrative error and she may not have actually cast a vote.

The city clerk, who was not in that job in 2010, said infrequent voters tend to vote in presidential elections, like 2008, over gubernatorial elections like the one in 2010.

“Everything to date points toward late 2008,” Bouchard said of the woman’s death. “This information, obviously, has to be run to its logical conclusion.”

Voting records in Oakland County show Farrenkopf, who has not been positively identified by the Medical Examiner’s Office, is shown as voting in the November 2010 gubernatorial election.

Pontiac city records indicate Farrenkopf registered to vote in 2006 and had not voted until 2010, but officials point out that could have been an administrative error and she may not have actually cast a vote.

The city clerk, who was not in that job in 2010, said infrequent voters tend to vote in presidential elections, like 2008, over gubernatorial elections like the one in 2010.

“Everything to date points toward late 2008,” Bouchard said of the woman’s death. “This information, obviously, has to be run to its logical conclusion.”

AGAIN, nothing says whether she cast a vote at a "polling place" in person (where a photo ID law would apply) or in her kitchen (or anywhere else) via "absentee ballot" where photo ID would not have been checked anyway..

Which is it?

Edited by magley64

So if she voted in person will you support voter id laws, or if she did it by mail will you support ending mail in ballots, or will you support dead people voting?

PS: I don't think she actually voted, I think it is just bad record keeping. But it makes great trolling material.

Let's just make voting online, at home. Enter your SSN and call it done.

Oh, what about the illegals?

Or the poor without internet?

Funny how the dems push for no ID's because they'd lose so much of their voters.

Edited by chevysoldier
  • Upvote 1

Yes it REALLY matters, if your position is that somehow voter ID laws will stop, slow, or inhibit this type of action (even the article i read said that it was likely a typographical error as opposed to voter fraud)

Voter photo ID laws only work for In-Person Voting..... if you're mailing an absentee ballot, how would they compare your ID to your face?

Something needs to change for the better concerning accuracy and anti-fraud, that is for sure. In person voting an ID should be mandatory in every single state, but of course if there is a way around that in terms of absentee voting......you can bet your ass it will be done. The system is far from perfect, much like everything else there is typically a loophole or a chink in the armor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But voting is a right and obligation of all citizens. What if they don't have a cell phone or cable?

Having my firearm with me is a right also but I have to pay for that. Can't believe you didn't see that coming. You are slipping my friend.

Something needs to change for the better concerning accuracy and anti-fraud, that is for sure. In person voting an ID should be mandatory in every single state, but of course if there is a way around that in terms of absentee voting......you can bet your ass it will be done. The system is far from perfect, much like everything else there is typically a loophole or a chink in the armor.

You are right. Constitutionally protected rights should be further protected witha requirement for ID along with a government registration. Gun owners should embrace registration and should always have to get a government issued ID in order to carry regardless of open or concealed.

This is an idea I can get behind. Think about it. With the same ID and the same government retained list you can vote and get a carry permit that includes your gun serial number.

I find it amazing that those who want everyone to show Id to vote and submit to collection of person details would not want the same requirements for gun purchases and permits. This will solve voter fraud and allow us to track those who purchase a firearm. Why would anyone be in favor of one and not the other?

Edited by mattm

I find it amazing that those who want everyone to show Id to vote and submit to collection of person details would not want the same requirements for gun purchases and permits. This will solve voter fraud and allow us to track those who purchase a firearm. Why would anyone be in favor of one and not the other?

There is some merit to this comparison (and coming from a 2nd amendment supporter).  Might as well link up your Google and Facebook accounts too - the NSA already has. ;-)

You are right. Constitutionally protected rights should be further protected witha requirement for ID along with a government registration. Gun owners should embrace registration and should always have to get a government issued ID in order to carry regardless of open or concealed.

This is an idea I can get behind. Think about it. With the same ID and the same government retained list you can vote and get a carry permit that includes your gun serial number.

Gun registration and those for it can go fuck themselves........matter of fact voting can go fuck itself since it is all fixed anyways. And you can shove your big government up your ass while you are at it, and be careful what you ask for.....you just might get it.

• Upvote 2

Gun registration and those for it can go fuck themselves........matter of fact voting can go fuck itself since it is all fixed anyways. And you can shove your big government up your ass while you are at it, and be careful what you ask for.....you just might get it.

You tell them Pokey!  And to hell with food inspections and drug safety regulations!  Back off Nuclear Regulatory Commission - I can operate a reactor responsibly on my own!  And ef yu whoever said I can't store chemicals in leaky containers - there's plenty of groundwater to go around!  Go back into your hole, stupid job-killing FAA - you've made aviation too expensive by requiring mechanics and pilots to be trained and certified!  Government is for coddled loooooosers.

<For the record I'm not a fan of gun registration, but I prefer to deal with CHL holders because they've already been vetted.>

Edited by smccrory
  • Upvote 1

Evidently you are passionate about banning voter ID laws then? My question is how can anyone that loves the constitution not be for both.

There is zero merit to that comparison. You need ID and a background check to purchase a firearm, in most cases. Regulation is not the issue. Providing information that proves you are whom you say you be...is the issue.

More food for the trolls. Wash that down with something tangy.

If I were to purchase a gun from you would I have to provide even a gas bill for the address I purport to be from? Voters frequently have to provide that as proof or have to know the name and address of the registered voter. Dead voters are purged every year and every state has a mechanism to throw out votes from dead absentee voters. No such mechanism exists for a felon making a firearm purchase through a private sale. Both both voting and firearm purchases are protected by the constitution. Why should the requirements be different in some cases?