2000 Yamaha R6 need help

bandit12

My son bought a 2000 R6 and it seems to have a jetting problem, it has at least a LeoVinci muffler but not sure about the head pipe.

It starts and runs at idle but if you give it throttle and let off it blubbers like a fouled plug as it revs down.

It also blubbers while riding if you stay at a steady throttle or speed, sounds as if it has a fouled plug but if you rev into it it seems to run until you steady at a throttle position. I doesn't seem bad under power but holding steady or letting off it's like it has a bad plug.

Does anyone have any ideas. Plugs, coil, jetting?

Edited by bandit12

Classic dirty carbs. Any idea when the last service was done on them? How long it sat unused? I would put some seafoam in the gas tank at the bottle reccomendation and see if that will help alleviate the problem. If it's really bad you're going to have to break the carbs down and clean the jets/pilot. 

I have no idea when the last service was done or how long it has been sitting but we will give the Seafoam a try and see what happens, can't hurt right.

I hope that it works and it's not a more serious problem, I have near zero success rate working on a four carb set-up. Doesn't make sense that I have done many singles and even a couple two carb set-ups and they worked but four carbs and I fail.

CrazySkullCrusher, I will save your number and let you know how the Seafoam works. I actually thought of contacting you as you are the closest that I know who don't mind carb work. Thanks.

Have a good friend that is a wizzard with bikes but with his health the last couple years I don't want to bother him.

Edited by bandit12