Epic Ride - May 18th NE Ohio Meetup and Ride Down

DerekClouser

I am down with 7:00 meet time.  Gets warmer as you go south.  This is a good route.  Ran it with Derek and Whaler a few weeks ago.  Got to get through Wooster and Millersburg first, then it gets real nice.  Once you get into the twisties, you will forget about the cool start temp!!  :burnout:

So I usually avoid big group rides like this. But in case I change my mind how long of a day is it. When would we get back. Trying to see if this fits in my schedule.

Starts at 7am. Arrive in Hocking Hills around 10-1030. Epic ride starts at 1130am. Ride ends around 4pm. Then everyone kind of goes home on their own or little groups. Some eat some Slab. So depending on how you do it will depend your end time. I live in Akron and got home at 930pm but did NOT slab.

So around 12-14 hours.

Looking less likely that I'll make this. 7 am is way too early, especially when I work till midnight the night before. Was going to trailer down with a friend but that's not gonna happen now so I guess I'm probably out

Meet time will be at 7am in Lodi - Would like to be on the road at that time - Should be through Wooster by 7:30 on route 83 (where it starts to finally get fun) and then hopefully should give us plenty of time to get down there.   This also leaves a little more time for those who aren't quite as fast and in case something happens and someone is running a bit late.

OK

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm new to the forum but would like to go on this ride. I live in the massilon area. I plan on staying in Columbus after the ride.

Too late to join up with you guys?

Need to bring anything specific for this ride?

Hey I'm new to the forum but would like to go on this ride. I live in the massilon area. I plan on staying in Columbus after the ride.

Too late to join up with you guys?

Need to bring anything specific for this ride?

Never too late! We'd be happy to have ya.

We just ask that you be geared up.

Awesome!  

So is everyone sport bike riders that go?

not everyone.

possibly everyone traveling from the Cleveland area, but from what I read in the other thread, you will not be the only one cruising the route.

not everyone.

possibly everyone traveling from the Cleveland area, but from what I read in the other thread, you will not be the only one cruising the route.

Ill bring my sport riding jacket to try and blend in.... lol.

• Upvote 1

Ill bring my sport riding jacket to try and blend in.... lol.

If you are coming from Canton, Lodi is quite a backtrack for you. You may want to wait for us at the Speedway gas station in Millersburg & join up as we pass. The lead bike in our group will be a yellow & black cbr.

• Upvote 1

7:00 AM Sunday BP on 83 just south of I-71 near Lodi. Next stop Marathon on Whitewoman St. in Coshocton approximately 8:30. Next stop Hocking Mall in Logan, ETA 10:30 AM. If your bike can't make 90 miles on a fueling, speak up.

Well seeing this is postponed to Sunday,I think I'm game for this orgy. Just debating if my ass can handle 6am at 35 degrees.

As of now I am planning to meet you guys at Lodi at 7am.

I'm not sure what group I should be in when we get to the group ride but I may just pick med-fast or medium depending on the smallest number of riders.

Edited by mojocho

Coming out Carrollton and assuming coshockton somewhere is the intersect, what time would I need to be where?

We will stop at the marathon station on 83/16 next to Bob Evans in coshocton at the 8 to 8:30 range.