FT: XR100 FMF PowerCore and Moxi filter for stock and cash

Casper

I'm not criticizing Gavin, just pointing out something I think he can improve upon.  I'd tell him the same to his face. (In fact I may have discussed this with his dad at some point)  I think getting a knee out will help him get faster.  And he has gotten a lot faster over the winter.  I'm not sure how that happened, but it did.

Gavin was my teammate in the 2013 endurance race.  He turned a :57.x on my bike.  Apparently different tires and taking 4 months off was good for 2 full seconds.  Hopefully I can pull the same stunt.  That would put me in the :56's.

He didn't take the winter off, they went south.

He did MGKT as well. I refrain from telling someone how I think they can be faster when they are clearly already faster than I am. And that 55.8 he did was shortly after getting on the track and he was not being pushed. He will be faster than that on race day, he was not trying hard.

My plan is to take him out at the start, I cannot beat him and I have no shame in putting an 11 year old in the grass in order to give me enough time to not be lapped by him. lol

He didn't take the winter off, they went south.

He did MGKT as well. I refrain from telling someone how I think they can be faster when they are clearly already faster than I am. And that 55.8 he did was shortly after getting on the track and he was not being pushed. He will be faster than that on race day, he was not trying hard.

Lucky kid!  I knew they rode in Georgia.  Not sure if they did other events.

I would never characterize my comments as telling Gavin how to ride; I had just made an off-hand comment to his dad while Gavin was out riding my bike in the endurance race.  Something to the effect of, "he's really going to be moving when he starts getting a knee out through the turns."  I do think that's something he could improve, and I think it will allow him to go faster.  I'm sure Adam will address it when or if he feels it's necessary. 

Where I think you're wrong is about Gavin going faster on race day (at least this weekend).  55.8 is among the fastest XR laps I've seen turned at CRP - he absolutely has the speed.  We'll find out Saturday if he can do it in traffic, and make the passes necessary to get out ahead of Kent, Devon, and Jeff.  Otherwise I foresee him doing a lot of low :56 laps and finishing in fourth.  

My plan is to take him out at the start, I cannot beat him and I have no shame in putting an 11 year old in the grass in order to give me enough time to not be lapped by him. lol

hahaha - I'm not sure his mother would appreciate that!

Not a single fuck was given when he came under me. Clean pass don't get me wrong I had zero issue with it, in fact I was impressed. I knew he was back there but I didn't think he had room or would even go for it and by god he did. I did a quick check over my right as I put my left knee out to see if he was wide enough for me to come out of the corner boom he came under on the left like a boss. A really little boss but still a boss :lol:

• Upvote 2

I don't doubt Gavin's boss-ness (:p), but unless I'm mistaken, you haven't seen Jeff, Kent, and Devon ride yet.  Plus there was some talk of Jared and maybe Garrett racing stock XR this year too.

All of those guys (and probably Biggie/Turnone when he's healthy) are capable of low :56's, if not high :55's.    I'll be duly impressed if Gavin can put some passes on them.  The kid is 11 or 12!  He's an awesome rider, but he still has room to improve!

This thread is getting twisted into me "criticizing" Gavin, and/or claiming I know everything there is to know about riding, and that's not the case at all.  I can't say enough good things about Gavin, and I freely and completely admit he beat me almost every race last year - but I don't think he's reached his full potential yet either.  I consider that a compliment, not a criticism.

• Upvote 1