Shoei Neotec Modular Helmet

RidersDiscount

With the popularity of sport and adventure touring at an all-time high, the advancement of the incredibly versatile modular helmet segment was a must for SHOEI engineers. Though still a respected part of their 2012 helmet lineup, the Multitec’s modular design was used as a backbone, analyzed with scrupulous eyes, and tweaked ever so slightly to yield the most progressive flip-up helmet on the market today—the all-new Shoei Neotec Modular Helmet

Shoei_Modular_NeoTec_9.jpg

Shoei_Modular_NeoTec_10.jpg

Boasting improved shell aerodynamics, a wider and taller field of vision, a reduction in wind noise, an internal sun shield, and a fully removable, washable and replaceable liner system, the Neotec is the next level of modular helmet design for today’s hybrid motorcyclists.

Shoei_Modular_NeoTec_11.jpg

The Neotec includes a Pinlock Fog Resistant shield and clear Pinlock insert. 

Shoei_Modular_NeoTec_7.jpg

A strategically-placed, three position upper vent for optimal air intake, and uniquely-positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction—all yielding dramatically-improved cool-air intake and hot-air expulsion.

Shoei_Modular_NeoTec_2.jpg

The anti-fog, anti-scratch inner smoke shield easily drops down via a slide mechanism 

Shoei_Modular_NeoTec_1.jpg

Available from Riders Discount, the Neotec available in a Borealis graphic, or a selection of solid colors.  Pictured here is the Anthracite.

Shoei_Modular_NeoTec_360.gif

You can get expert sizing advice and more information about ordering by getting in touch with MIKE through the forum or by calling 866.931.6644 ext. 804. Is email more convenient? Feel free to send those to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we’ll get back to you right away!

Oh man, I've been wanting one of these.They are just so pricey...haven't been able to justify it yet. I currently have the Qwest helmet which is very similar but not modular.

I'm on my second season with mine. I love it.

Oh man, I've been wanting one of these.They are just so pricey...haven't been able to justify it yet. I currently have the Qwest helmet which is very similar but not modular.

You deserve one! Shoot me a PM if you agree.  :D

I'm on my second season with mine. I love it.

Thanks for the post up! Great reviews on these helmets from our customers. 

I see these are Snell and DOT certified.  My biggest concern with modulars has always been the fear that, in a crash, the helmet parts would separate leaving your face unprotected.  I assume that Shoei has addressed concerns like these?  Care to post up any insights? 

I see these are Snell and DOT certified. 

Where did you see they are Snell approved...I have never seen that.  I was under the impression that only one helmet that was modular that got a Snell approval, the LS2. However I find it rather odd that Snell will approve an open face but not a flip up. How can a flip up be worse than an open face.

I see these are Snell and DOT certified.  My biggest concern with modulars has always been the fear that, in a crash, the helmet parts would separate leaving your face unprotected.  I assume that Shoei has addressed concerns like these?  Care to post up any insights? 

All the modular helmets we have reviewed have been DOT only. Your concern is legitimate, there is always a possibility with a modular helmet. Shoei is one of the best helmet manufactures in the world and takes safety very serious. 

Where did you see they are Snell approved...I have never seen that.  I was under the impression that only one helmet that was modular that got a Snell approval, the LS2. However I find it rather odd that Snell will approve an open face but not a flip up. How can a flip up be worse than an open face.

I clicked this link Borealis graphic

Down at the bottom under "Standards" they say

• Standards: Snell-M2010, DOT