OMRL Race 1

Casper

Always lots to work on.

My day went as follows:

Got randomly gridded on the last row for stock XR, but avoided the turn 1 carnage.

5 laps later, I'm in a group of 4, and the lead rider loses the front. I literally ran him over and flipped over the bars.

Finishes the race a lap down, then saw that I have 2 busted spokes.

Safety wired and taped that up, raced F3 and did okay.

Raced stock XR2, and turned a personal best on my busted wheel. Took 11th out of 18 experts. It might be a long year!

• Upvote 1

Good time today!!!  I think you did pretty good for your first time out!

Here is Race 2 start of the Stock XR Novice class!

I have more pix and video to sort and will post up once I do!

Edited by bark615
  • Upvote 1

It was great to see more ORDN members out.

It only gets to be more fun as you improve. Todd and Adam might be making legitimate runs for a novice points championship if they keep it up.

I was corner-working the XR novice race and watching everyone improve throughout the second race, let alone throughout the day.

For a guy who has never been on a track before, Ben killed it too. Enjoy this time where you're dropping 2-3 seconds a weekend. You will be turning 1:00 laps in no time, and them spending an entire season chasing that next second.

I know i said this at the track, but DO THE ENDURANCE RACE. it will amaze you how fast you can go when you're tired. It just gives you a great chance to settle in and ride your own ride.

Gavin and I did 30-minute shifts last year, and the rider swaps are almost as entertaining as the racing.

Edited by redkow97
  • Upvote 1

What kind of speeds do these reach?

at CRP? 

maybe 45.

At PIRC with the different gearing, more like 50.

I take that back - let me look at MyLaps.  That will post the average speed for the fastest laps.  I feel like the average speed is more like 43 for the fast guys, so they have to be going better than 45 in the straights...

Edited by redkow97

i was disappointed in the Grom, well i guess more myself.  1:01 lap times, was not even close to what i thought i was going to be running. especially when last year i was running 58s on the NSR.  seeing how big the grid is in Stock XR makes me wanna ditch racing the grom and get back on an XR for the season.

• Upvote 1

i was disappointed in the Grom, well i guess more myself. 1:01 lap times, was not even close to what i thought i was going to be running. especially when last year i was running 58s on the NSR. seeing how big the grid is in Stock XR makes me wanna ditch racing the grom and get back on an XR for the season.

I just bought a grom, how big was the turn out for groms?

Was there very much prep that went into the bike to make race legal?

i was disappointed in the Grom, well i guess more myself. 1:01 lap times, was not even close to what i thought i was going to be running. especially when last year i was running 58s on the NSR. seeing how big the grid is in Stock XR makes me wanna ditch racing the grom and get back on an XR for the season.

You will feel much stronger when you crash that pretty thing.

Biggie

Don't ditch it. It's still F3 legal. Just race an XR too. Then you can take risks on the XR while still working toward faster times on the Grom.

You can't expect to hit all your goals for the season in the first weekend!

You will feel much stronger when you crash that pretty thing.

Biggie

Ditto... that is a sweet looking ride you have there! Would hate to see that thing sliding down the track!

XR is where it's at!!  :)  Come join the fun again!!!

Three wide into Turn 1 !!!!

gMEpQER.png