Wonder if insurance covers this

Casper

Act of god... Don't pay a penny son...

If lightning strikes a tree and it lands on my truck I'm covered. I'm covered for floods too. Or if a tornado hits it. Etc. All acts of God.

Act of god... Don't pay a penny son...

not an act of god. Neglect on behalf of the city. there are pictures that show a large crack running down the sidewalk prior to the collapse. The crack was there long enough that there was grass growing out of it. You can here in the video, a gentleman state that the city had been there on numerous occasions but only patched the crack.

not an act of god. Neglect on behalf of the city. there are pictures that show a large crack running down the sidewalk prior to the collapse. The crack was there long enough that there was grass growing out of it. You can here in the video, a gentleman state that the city had been there on numerous occasions but only patched the crack.

Really, how is a city going to prevent a mudslide?

• Downvote 1

Really, how is a city going to prevent a mudslide?

You make this too easy Duane.

It wasn't a mud slide. It was a retaining wall  for a rail line that collapsed. the wall was over 150 years old and had shown structural deficiencies, ala the parallel crack in the sidewalk.

http://imgur.com/ahCs6Rx

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-10-19/news/1998292047_1_railroad-tracks-railroad-properties-city-properties

It wasn't a mud slide. It was a retaining wall  for a rail line that collapsed. the wall was over 150 years old and had shown structural deficiencies, ala the parallel crack in the sidewalk.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-10-19/news/1998292047_1_railroad-tracks-railroad-properties-city-properties

Don't bother try to teach him anything.  Magley likes to drag people down to his level and beat them with his superior stupidity.

• Upvote 2

Color me corrected, Hadn't been reading the story, just sound bytes here and there.... wasn't particularly interested in the story.

• Downvote 1

Color me corrected, Hadn't been reading the story, just sound bytes here and there.... wasn't particularly interested in the story.

So then you made an uninformed comment on something you could care less about. That is by definition a TROLL. I usually avoid an topic that you post in and this is the reason why; you troll this thread and after you have spent a good portion of the recent past getting after other members for making what you perceive to be uniformed comments or observations . You truly are a fart in the wind, blowing in and stinking up what ever you see fit.

• Upvote 4

So then you made an uninformed comment on something you could care less about. That is by definition a TROLL. I usually avoid an topic that you post in and this is the reason why; you troll this thread and after you have spent a good portion of the recent past getting after other members for making what you perceive to be uniformed comments or observations . You truly are a fart in the wind, blowing in and stinking up what ever you see fit.

Wasn't trolling, Was posting a joke...

Title said "landslide", Looked like one, figured it was one...

Commented Joke... act of god, don't pay a penny son...

sounds like you got your panties twisted over nothing.

• Downvote 1

All his comments are uniformed. He gets an idea in his thick skull and believes that's the only way. Doesn't matter what proof or stats you show him, typical liberal that thinks that he's the only one that matters and is all knowing. I also think he has single handedly killed a lot of the action on this forum. He's pissed off so many and acted like a huge idiot, many members don't put up with it and figure it's better to just stay away.

• Upvote 3

• click on your user name on the top right corner

click 'Manage Ignore Prefs'

insert name of person whose posts you do not wish to see in the box with 'Member's name'

never be annoyed by said person's posts again.

Not true MJ. I can ignore him but I cannot ignore the comments that are generated as a result of his. People quote him in their posts and it's impossible to get around that. It just got to the point it was easier to just walk away.

• Upvote 1