Gloves

fusion

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpinestars GP plus...got them on clearance at Iron Pony for like $120. I just bought some Teknic gloves for my g/f and they seem to be pretty nice and they were on clearance for $30 at Iron Pony. I'd stick to full gauntlet, leather gloves and try to find one with pads or hard protectors on your knuckles and other joints like fingers and wrists.

I was looking at the A* SP-1s in black/blue, but didn't see the SP-2 on the A* site even though they are on the cyclesector site. Not in too much of a hurry I still need to order boots and wait for my pants to come in.

You've seen my gear. Get the GPX gloves, they're sooooo nice and are vented with armor everywhere. JoeRocket is the best brother!:D

You've seen my gear. Get the GPX gloves, they're sooooo nice and are vented with armor everywhere. JoeRocket is the best brother!:D

yeah but I need something to match my new MX-1 jacket :p

So far I've had 2 bad JR jackets and 1 good. So I'm not exactly jumping at the chance to get more of their stuff.

well ive got two pairs now, and just ordered a third this morning. the first pair i got was the alpinestars sledge. its a short cuff street glove for about 50 bucks. i like them a lot. they are my all around kickin it glove. the leather is very nice and the lining doesnt make you feel gross even after many warm days in them. second pair i got was alpinestars SR2. i got them as a winter glove to keep out the wet and cold. i ended up using them as my snowboarding gloves this winter and they held up pretty well. i would come home at the end of the day and my gloves would be soaked, but my hands were dry and happy. when i finally got to use them on my bike however, they didnt work out so well. they dont keep out the very high winds like i was hoping. i guess im just disappointed because i thought they could do more, but for a mild temp rain glove, they are very nice. good dexterity even with the insulation and a nice leather palm.

the third pair i ordered was the tourmaster synergy heated glove. its pretty frigid in the mornings here in NH and i just cant stand it anymore. review to come.

I've had a pair of Alpinestar GP Tech gloves for a couple years now and they are the utmost in protection, hard plastic on the fingers, knuckles, and wrist, double leather in high abrasion areas, pinkie and ring fingers stitched together, etc. I don't think they make that model any more and and the closest thing they offer now is the Stella GP Plus gloves. You could probably find some left over GP Techs (which cost more) or just spring for the Stella's but they aren't cheap ($159). IMO, you get what you pay for when it comes to your personal protection. I look at like this, it's only $150 over 3 years so it only costs you $50 a year for some of the best hand protection. Don't be cheap!

well ive got two pairs now, and just ordered a third this morning. the first pair i got was the alpinestars sledge. its a short cuff street glove for about 50 bucks. i like them a lot. they are my all around kickin it glove. the leather is very nice and the lining doesnt make you feel gross even after many warm days in them. second pair i got was alpinestars SR2. i got them as a winter glove to keep out the wet and cold. i ended up using them as my snowboarding gloves this winter and they held up pretty well. i would come home at the end of the day and my gloves would be soaked, but my hands were dry and happy. when i finally got to use them on my bike however, they didnt work out so well. they dont keep out the very high winds like i was hoping. i guess im just disappointed because i thought they could do more, but for a mild temp rain glove, they are very nice. good dexterity even with the insulation and a nice leather palm.

the third pair i ordered was the tourmaster synergy heated glove. its pretty frigid in the mornings here in NH and i just cant stand it anymore. review to come.

I've got some black SMX-6 (I think) I have been wearing. I've looked at the Sledge to replace those since they are wearing out. They've been great though. Now that you mention it I think I'm wearing them snowboarding next winter. :D Right now I'm looking for something I can wear to trackdays also.

What brand is MX-1?

Alpinestars

I've got some black SMX-6 (I think) I have been wearing. I've looked at the Sledge to replace those since they are wearing out. They've been great though. Now that you mention it I think I'm wearing them snowboarding next winter. :D Right now I'm looking for something I can wear to trackdays also.

Alpinestars

yeah its great snowboarding because of the thick leather on the palms, but you need some waterproof gloves or youll be sorry.

yeah dont you want something more with a gauntlet type dealy for the track? the sledge is a nice street glove i think, but i dont know if i would sport it on the track.

Alpinestars GP plus...got them on clearance at Iron Pony for like $120. I just bought some Teknic gloves for my g/f and they seem to be pretty nice and they were on clearance for $30 at Iron Pony. I'd stick to full gauntlet, leather gloves and try to find one with pads or hard protectors on your knuckles and other joints like fingers and wrists.

When did you pick those up? $120 is a steal.

I was looking at the A* SP-1s in black/blue, but didn't see the SP-2 on the A* site even though they are on the cyclesector site. Not in too much of a hurry I still need to order boots and wait for my pants to come in.

Dooooo it!! :D You'll get a discount too :cool: (actually, you'll get a good discount no matter what you buy, they have a lot thats not on their site too, give em a call!)

yeah its great snowboarding because of the thick leather on the palms, but you need some waterproof gloves or youll be sorry.

yeah dont you want something more with a gauntlet type dealy for the track? the sledge is a nice street glove i think, but i dont know if i would sport it on the track.

Yeah I plan on getting the more track oriented ones first. My street ones will last a little longer I'm sure.

Dooooo it!! :D You'll get a discount too :cool: (actually, you'll get a good discount no matter what you buy, they have a lot thats not on their site too, give em a call!)

I'll call them by the end of the week. I need cheaper hobbies.

i have never worn gloves ever. i know i should but when i ride it just feels wierd to me

:eek::eek:

No gloves feel weird to me, no grip either. Bugs at good speed hurt, with gloves on I feel nothing.

Other than that, I don't want to be handless if I ever wreck. I want to be able to eat, hold my penis and ride again too.

i know i have tried to wear them too but even when its cold as balls i still dont wear any. but it is possible i just havent found the right pair. i have been trying on different ones at pony just to see the differences but havent yet found any i could find myself wearing.

like i said i know i should but it just feels wierd to me. dont start thinking im against gear and all cuz im not im always the first to sport a helmet jacket and more times than not boots. but gloves just fit me wierd, its possible cuz i wear gloves at work all the time when im handling fuels and stuff.

:eek::eek:

No gloves feel weird to me, no grip either. Bugs at good speed hurt, with gloves on I feel nothing.

Other than that, I don't want to be handless if I ever wreck. I want to be able to eat, hold my penis and ride again too.

:plus1:

I'm just so used to wearing gloves, I don't like to ride without them.

You just need to start wearing them and you get used to it.