Grand Prix Karting, fresh start

Mojoe

Today and tomorrow are members pre-opening invite days. Members can bring up to 4 friends with them. Official opening is on Friday, but that's all been posted. Today, the wife and I had to check it out. Now, if you have followed them on Facebook, you know they have been doing a ton of track prep. It is faster. Is the drifting all gone? Well, that would depend on how you drive. In my first session, I could not resist hammering the gas and stabbing the brakes. Plenty of option to drift still. Second session, I settled in a little more and tried to learn the track a bit. Low and behold, I got a respectable time, with noticeable difference from winter sessions, and after track prep. I think my Winter fastest time was 42.079 and that was after 5 lap sessions. Came right in today starting in the same'ish time 42.089. 

First session
th_57867700-0915-4F15-BF6D-2E203C6B02ED_

Second Session
th_08A32D05-3753-40DD-8F4B-F9E222D2FAB1_

Make note of my wifes' times in the second session. That is pretty damn good for someone who isn't really into cars, but LOVES these Go Karts. I was able to get my time down to 40.046 And I'm fine with that. Someone will clock off a 37.xxx before much longer. A fastest time was set while we were on the track, by Steve, an employee I have gotten to know. He got the 38.726. However Kent, the track manager, went right out and laid down a 38.5xx I believe in the next session. I think this place is going to be keeping us all very competitive. 

A couple notable things. The staff/management are awesome. The management is very involved and excited to see you having fun. That just makes it even more enjoyable. They have some newer people, so it will take them a minute to find their grove, but they are adamant about getting you taken care of. If you do not get a pre-opening membership, 5/15 is the last day, you will wish you had. Buy it online now. 
Also, they are ready for use to set up our OR track event. It would seem that week nights would be best for this. I'm sure their weekends are going to be far too busy with public traffic. I will talk to them this week to get us on the calender. 

Please read this in detail to help you be informed for your visits. You will see, a membership is the way to go.
th_71519FF6-4C49-41A8-A185-38DFECAB0AF2_

Edited by Mojoe
  • Upvote 1