Go-Ped Bigfoot gas powered scooter $250

fox_racing_guy

SOLD!

I bought this around 2002 to ride around Mid-Ohio, they outlawed them the same year (no gas powered vehicles without a plate) so I bought a Yamaha Zuma. This has pretty much been sitting in my garage since. I did fire it up a couple days ago for a test ride and it runs well. It is direct drive, if the motor is running the wheel is turning so no for the uncoordinated.

I've only ever ran LL100 and Klotz 2 stroke in it at the recommended 32:1

Price $250

Fastest contact e-mail me at 1foxracing@gmail.com

10285771_10203202241313522_8706582875755

Edited by fox_racing_guy

• 3 weeks later...

When the motor is cold you lean it over on the kickstand to start and warm the engine. After the motor is warm you flip up the kick stand, stand on it then kick off. It always fired right up then you ride away. Yes you just use the brake to stop and kill the motor.

so does the kick-stand hold the rear wheel off the ground, or does it have an auto-clutch that allows it to idle?

The simplicity of this design fascinates me a bit.  I wanted one of these things in a  BAD way when I was in middle school :D

You just lean it over on it's side stand so the rear wheel is off the ground. Ever turn your streetbike around on the side stand by leaning it over to get both wheels off the ground then spinning it 180 deg? Same concept. This model of Go-Ped is direct drive, no clutch. The gas motor has about a 4" drive shaft that looks like it is covered in 80 grit sandpaper, the motor is on a pivot mount and there is a turnbuckle that you adjust to hold it tight against the rear wheel. 

I saw of two these on Craigslist this weekend and seriously considered one for my 15 y/o nephew, but the 2-stroke din probably wouldn't have made his neighbors happy  :waaa:

Edited by smccrory

I saw of two these on Craigslist this weekend and seriously considered one for my 15 y/o nephew, but the 2-stroke din probably wouldn't have made his neighbors happy  :waaa:

Might have been mine, that's where I sold mine through. really no louder then a weed eater. Come to the MX track and tell me what you think is louder, a 250 2-stroke V a 450 Thumper. No contest for me, some of the 4 stroke exhaust ( Yoshimura) will make your ears bleed! 

Might have been mine, that's where I sold mine through. really no louder then a weed eater. Come to the MX track and tell me what you think is louder, a 250 2-stroke V a 450 Thumper. No contest for me, some of the 4 stroke exhaust ( Yoshimura) will make your ears bleed!

Cool. They do look fun!