Sigh

Calinazaret

carrying things is easy. hold in right hand ease clutch out and get rolling . switch hands and throttle away. upshifting clutchless. when slowing down use the rear brake and engine breaking. switch item back to the right hand and downshift. carried many a leftover like this.

• 3 weeks later...

from maintenance to cooking.

I'm in -

I've got the 4th chain and sprocket set on my 48,000 ZX9r and the 9th set of tires, I even balance my own tires after replacing them with my homemade wheel balancer

31CEE4B4-53AB-455C-92E0-EE690FF6B41B-113

and I love to cook, been making some killer shrimp fried rice lately, or steak fried rice

847239CC-66BB-49CA-9022-09ED863E7D74.jpg

what's fun is replacing the drive belt on my Harley, after 36,000 miles the drive pulley was worn and was pealing teeth off the belt,

99b9aaed.jpg

I've got a Performance Machine Phatail 240mm rear on this bike, PM rotors, pulley, calipers erc etc. priority #1 was to get pulley off the wheel and sent out to Arizona for rework as PM has discontinued this pulley

1A0E501A-FAF8-4FBC-9106-3240ED7055BA-992

This pulley is toast

null.jpg

Soft aluminum, although PM says they heat treat their pulleys, they're still soft - against Kevlar belt

null-1.jpg

$780.00 and 5 weeks later my pulley returned from Az with poly/Kevlar molded insert onto original pulley

null-8.jpg

Then the fun begins, have to remove primary

null-10.jpg

Simple to remember where each different length bolt goes if ya do this

null-11.jpg

sigh lots of work to replace drive belt

null-17.jpg

Gotta remove exhaust on my bike to get access to swing arm bolt

null-18.jpg

Then ya can wiggle in the new $235 belt

null-21.jpg

And reassemble

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/LimeNine9r/busted%20belt/null-22.jpg

And bleed the brakes

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/LimeNine9r/busted%20belt/null-23.jpg

Approaching the 41,000.0 mile odometer reading

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/LimeNine9r/Harley/null-3.jpg

what's fun is replacing the drive belt on my Harley, after 36,000 miles the drive pulley was worn and was pealing teeth off the belt,

99b9aaed.jpg

I've got a Performance Machine Phatail 240mm rear on this bike, PM rotors, pulley, calipers erc etc. priority #1 was to get pulley off the wheel and sent out to Arizona for rework as PM has discontinued this pulley

This pulley is toast

null.jpg

Soft aluminum, although PM says they heat treat their pulleys, they're still soft - against Kevlar belt

null-1.jpg

$780.00 and 5 weeks later my pulley returned from Az with poly/Kevlar molded insert onto original pulley

null-8.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-17.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-21.jpg

And reassemble

And bleed the brakes

• Upvote 1

99b9aaed.jpg

This pulley is toast

null.jpg

null-1.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-17.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-21.jpg

And reassemble

And bleed the brakes

Aaaaand you cook?

Calinazaret

Going back to the original reason for this post, I totally get where you're coming from with being a girl. There aren't many of us, but there are a lot of us spread out. If you're interested in meeting a lot of other women who are damn awesome (include Isacc's papa's wife) we're around and congregate each year at Deals Gap in September too for a women's sportbike rally. You'll hear stories like this and also see that being a chick on a sportbike really isn't a big deal since there are a lot of us out there. Hope to see you around. I'm not on these boards too often, but love to see more women riding sportbikes. I'll give you my recent gender story which still happens after 15 years of riding.

My boyfriend and I were stopped at a gas station in SEO a few weeks ago and I mentioned how my head was killing me. The guy behind the counter overheard me and said, "well we sell beer, that'll help." (I was in full leather gear.) I was confused why he would offer me that since I was obviously riding. Then my boyfriend said, "Oh, she's got her own bike." Then it dawned on me, he thought I was a passenger. So I decided to tease him, so I said, "Oh, you made the assumption I was a passenger, didn't you?" He said, "Yes, I am so sorry." Then I said, "It's okay. Happens all the time, but I will tell you this. 15 years riding (pointing to myself). Just over a year riding (pointing to my boyfriend). Riding a brand new motorcycle (pointing to myself). Rides my old bike I put 33,000 miles on (pointing to my boyfriend). I got HIM into riding." (No worries, my boyfriend thought it was funny so don't think I was degrading him.) The guy said, "Wow, I am so sorry. That is definitely different and you don't hear that too often. I'll never make another assumption again." Sometimes guys need to be reminded to stop making assumptions. ;) It was fun. :D

Hope to see you out on the road. Wave if you do!

Calinazaret,

Going back to the original reason for this post, I totally get where you're coming from with being a girl. There aren't many of us, but there are a lot of us spread out. If you're interested in meeting a lot of other women who are damn awesome (include Isacc's papa's wife) we're around and congregate each year at Deals Gap in September too for a women's sportbike rally. You'll hear stories like this and also see that being a chick on a sportbike really isn't a big deal since there are a lot of us out there. Hope to see you around. I'm not on these boards too often, but love to see more women riding sportbikes. I'll give you my recent gender story which still happens after 15 years of riding.

My boyfriend and I were stopped at a gas station in SEO a few weeks ago and I mentioned how my head was killing me. The guy behind the counter overheard me and said, "well we sell beer, that'll help." (I was in full leather gear.) I was confused why he would offer me that since I was obviously riding. Then my boyfriend said, "Oh, she's got her own bike." Then it dawned on me, he thought I was a passenger. So I decided to tease him, so I said, "Oh, you made the assumption I was a passenger, didn't you?" He said, "Yes, I am so sorry." Then I said, "It's okay. Happens all the time, but I will tell you this. 15 years riding (pointing to myself). Just over a year riding (pointing to my boyfriend). Riding a brand new motorcycle (pointing to myself). Rides my old bike I put 33,000 miles on (pointing to my boyfriend). I got HIM into riding." (No worries, my boyfriend thought it was funny so don't think I was degrading him.) The guy said, "Wow, I am so sorry. That is definitely different and you don't hear that too often. I'll never make another assumption again." Sometimes guys need to be reminded to stop making assumptions. ;) It was fun. :D

Hope to see you out on the road. Wave if you do!

My favorite is when people ask if I was riding passenger when I broke my shoulder riding motocross. Uhm, have you EVER seen ANYONE riding on the back of a dirt bike? Would it ever even occur to you to ask a guy if he was "riding the bike all by himself" when he crashed? Nope I'm just as capable of wrecking as a guy is, actually, all by myself lol.

And yeah!! That sounds awesome! I'm totally there!

• Upvote 1