Sigh

Calinazaret

When a guy cooks for me it's like Christmas. Seriously. It can be fish sticks and pop tarts but if I didn't have to make it, it's the best thing ever.

I hear about guys who don't cook and it dumbfounds me. There's even a book called "Will cook for sex" that should clue us into one of many reasons to sling a skillet. Another one? Day passes on motorcycles :-).

Anyway, temperature control - once you develop a sense for it, the rest grows from there. Experiment with how butter, oils and liquids behave under different stovetop and oven settings, and half the battle is won. Continuously experiment and pay attention to the results and you won't be able to keep from becoming competent.

Anyway, temperature control - once you develop a sense for it, the rest grows from there. Experiment with how butter, oils and liquids behave under different stovetop and oven settings, and half the battle is won. Continuously experiment and pay attention to the results and you won't be able to keep from becoming competent.

Oh, I live cooking. I'm also huge into baking fancy cakes and stuff. But it's more caloric than riding that's for sure. Some examples:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Upvote 3

Cali, you're outside the bell curve when it comes to chicks and bikes, this is something not a lot of people are used to. As far as men cooking, something like 90% of the executive chefs in america are male, people just don't think about it. I've always enjoyed cooking, made my first omelet at age 10 and to my mother's surprise it turned out perfectly. Be proud that you surprise the guys at the parts counter.

We can help!

Not sure where you are located but there has to be a board member close who will assist with the installation and teach you how this process works.

I highly recommend replacing your chain and sprockets at the same time. I would also use a steel rear sprocket, as there is no benifit to using aluminum on the street, other than buying more sprockets.

I would recommend a steel sprocket as well for the street.  There isn't much benefit to the reduction in weight on the street and aluminum teeth wear much quicker. Steel will last you much longer!

Silly guys and their assumptions...

My favorite is going into a parts store and the silly questions you get because they think you don't know anything.

Indeed, you have come a long way! I remembered helping you change your oil and now you are doing all this stuff on your own. 

Kudos to anyone who wants to ride and maintain their bikes properly (regardless if they are doing it or not). 

I decided to go ahead and have them replace the whole deal this time even though the chain and drive sprocket were still relatively ok. I might have saved myself a few bucks doing it myself but I'm just not there yet and It was worth it to have her done sooner. I'm more than willing to let someone help replace my fork seals, though, lol. Will cook or bake for moto help!

The thing is, I'm not an expert by any stretch. I consider myself an intermediate novice who's learning. But people /always/ assume I know less than I do about bikes and it gets old quick sometimes.

Fork seals are not a problem.

This can be done at your place if you have a garage...but would be easier with all my tools and stands.

Indeed, you have come a long way! I remembered helping you change your oil and now you are doing all this stuff on your own.

Kudos to anyone who wants to ride and maintain their bikes properly (regardless if they are doing it or not).

Thanks! I'm pretty handy but doubt myself alot. If you can help or show me once I can usually take it from there. I'm lucky to have friends that know what they're doing and are willing to help me out, not to mention I've assisted a couple guys work on their bikes too. :)

Fork seals are not a problem.

This can be done at your place if you have a garage...but would be easier with all my tools and stands.

No such luck on the garage. I'd be willing to travel though. It'll be a neat challenge figuring out how to carry a cake on the cbr

It would be very, very cool to see more garage gatherings - I'd definitely show up or maybe even host a small one (3-6 bikes).  I have a modest 2 1/2 car garage with an air compressor and decent metric and standard tools, plus a few specialty items for carb syncing, testing cylinder compression and such.

Zen and the art, and such...

No such luck on the garage. I'd be willing to travel though. It'll be a neat challenge figuring out how to carry a cake on the cbr

Yeah I thought I was slick carrying a fresh large pizza that barely fit in my bookbag, it turned into the biggest pizza roll ever! It was fun unrolling it and trying to act like nothing happened to my friend who split it with me..

Used to balance 30 packs of beer on the tank of my fzr lol. I'd be down for another garage get together as long as it's closer to neo this time. 2.5 hours of slab gave me a wicked hemorrhoid.

LOL, and TMI!

It could be just as simple as announcing on OR whenever one of us knows we're gonna do work on our bike(s), and then inviting others to hang out and learn and/or do similar work on theirs.  Or being willing to help others with things we've already done.

Things I might be willing to help with: Carb syncs, compression tests (no dual-plug engines please unless you're willing to disconnect the coils), brake bleeds, most Nighthawk stuff, carb work (be considerate though - carbs can be a total time suck), grip changes, handlebar changes and a few other after-market add-ons

Things I could use help with: SAG adjustment, learning how to maintain fork oil and seals, and I'd like to help/watch a full engine overhaul - I did a top end but haven't cracked cases yet

I'm doing a top end right now on a customers quad. I don't split cases if I can help it. If you really want to learn, go buy a knackered motor from a salvage yard and tear into it. Best way imho. I'm almost always working on something so if anyone wants to come over for a clinic they are welcome provided they bring some beers and don't slow me down with too many questions...and I can always use a stepnfetchandneversweat

Yeah I thought I was slick carrying a fresh large pizza that barely fit in my bookbag, it turned into the biggest pizza roll ever! It was fun unrolling it and trying to act like nothing happened to my friend who split it with me..

That reminds me of the first time I went grocery shopping with a bike. I had just started riding obviously and hadn't yet cemented the mindset. Walking out of Costco with a gigantic 36 pack of toilet paper I see my little honda rebel and I'm just like awe shit.

That reminds me of the first time I went grocery shopping with a bike. I had just started riding obviously and hadn't yet cemented the mindset. Walking out of Costco with a gigantic 36 pack of toilet paper I see my little honda rebel and I'm just like awe shit.

Been there!  Fortunately with something smaller that I was able to accommodate with some creative carrying, but yea...

I'm doing a top end right now on a customers quad. I don't split cases if I can help it. If you really want to learn, go buy a knackered motor from a salvage yard and tear into it. Best way imho. I'm almost always working on something so if anyone wants to come over for a clinic they are welcome provided they bring some beers and don't slow me down with too many questions...and I can always use a stepnfetchandneversweat

Actually that sounds cool.  What part of Ohio are you in?

Lol

No cake needed.

Leaky fork seals can drip on front rotors and pads, not a good situation.

Been there! Fortunately with something smaller that I was able to accommodate with some creative carrying, but yea...

Actually that sounds cool. What part of Ohio are you in?

Maybe we can set up an NEO wrench day. I have all tools and stands to do anything bike related. I could show off my PLC synchronizer... 8" color touchscreen and all!

I am totally down. Gives me a chance to practice the beer balancing trick. The things I need done are not too intensive, just fork seals and rear brake. I could probably do the rear brake by myself but I've been putting it off. I might need (or want) to do the front brake though now that my forks been dripping all over it.

I'd be willing to come hang out or fetch wrenches and learn new things. I don't think my bike needs any work as of right now but hanging out in a garage seems like fun. :)

You just want to ride in the epic minivan again...lol