MotoSeries Nelson Ledges June 7-8

RHill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon's a liar, he drops my shit off for me all the time! He's just trying to act like a hard ass.

I was gonna go all Mambourg on you and say some of the gayist shit you ever heard, but I'm on the work computer right now.

I heard the scca event got cancelled. Maybe the person I heard it from didn't know the MotoSeries took over management.

I know i'm not super plugged into MotoSeries lately, but is this accurate?  Is Todd (interim?) track manager?  I think it makes sense to have someone with a vested interest in the condition of the track involved, but I wouldn't have expected them to be put in charge.

Todd made the official announcement this weekend that he is the track manager.

That should be its own thread!  Great news.  I have a billion questions that I'm sure are none of my business.  Here's to hoping this ends up being the first step in the rescue of Nelson Ledges.

That should be its own thread!  Great news.  I have a billion questions that I'm sure are none of my business.  Here's to hoping this ends up being the first step in the rescue of Nelson Ledges.

They have big plans, I hope they all work out.

This round was a huge improvement over the first. By no means is the track in great shape, but the critical areas were repaired well. Even in the wet the patches were solid and traction seemed comparable to the surrounding track.

I wish Todd and the car guys could put together a budget for EVERY black patch from t4-11 to be cut out and patched, because IMO that is what will have to happen into next year. It would be cheaper to have the equipment come out once and knock it out than it will for the every round repair. I'll prepay for the rest of the season right now if it would help get that done.

I'll prepay for the rest of the season right now if it would help get that done.

I think that is the way the sport will need to go for the track to survive.  Tracks (and racing orgs) don't necessarily have income problems as much as cash-flow problems.

With Nelson it was a lack of care for long-term sustainablility that created the crisis.  Take the investment that that was put into the surface over the past week....if that occurred every year for just the past 3 or 4 years, we wouldn't even be discussing this.  Now it has become a serious issue because there is so much that needs repaired at one time. 

If the exit of the carousel was repaired correctly last year when it broke apart, it wouldn't be a pot hole this year. If it wasn't a pot hole this year, bikes wouldn't be damaged.  If bikes wern't damaged, the owners would be more likely to return to the track.  If more riders come to the track, more investment can be made into the track.

Yeah, there are fluctuations in cash flow, especially when it comes to shitty weather weekends.....but control what you can, provide the best experience and average attendance will increase. 

I just hope that people will now see that the gate fee is actually going into the track and not just someones pocket.

Yeah right brother, probably got Angie working the gate and pocketing that for Emily's school clothes.  Shady MFer.  ;)  You missed me last week, admit it.

I don't expect a business to open its books to the public, but in a dream scenario where there is more transparency, I think you'd get donations at the gate...

WERA racers had pooled thousands of dollars a few years back in hopes of improving the safety of the track. I believe that money helped move back some tree lines and tire walls, and was starting to be used to improve the drainage, but that was part of the frustration: no one really knew where the money went.

Who wants to start a kick-starter to repave each turn at NL? :p

I will say that runoff is one of the issues they will be working on. They want to flatten it out so it doesn't slope away from the track. This is on the list as money and materials become available. They also want to remove all of the grass from the parking areas. 

They also want to remove all of the grass from the parking areas. 

how about removing all the grass from the track first :D

But really, it's good to hear that a plan is being formulated.  People can debate what order things should be done until they're blue in the face, but having everyone's agenda items on the list means they can't bitch forever.

Anyone besides Madkat see that Sean pointed out Todd's conflict of interest in booking WERA dates?    I think he's got a point.  A point that Todd is much too good of a guy to let become an issue, but on paper, he's not wrong.