Those crazy gun nuts at the NRA....

Tonik

...are at it again.

“Using guns to merely draw attention to yourself in public not only defies common sense, it shows a lack of consideration and manners. That’s not the Texas way. And that’s not certainly the NRA way,” the statement continues.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2014/5/good-citizens-and-good-neighbors-the-gun-owners-role.aspx

<the subject of this topic is sarcastic in case you missed it>

...are at it again.

“Using guns to merely draw attention to yourself in public not only defies common sense, it shows a lack of consideration and manners. That’s not the Texas way. And that’s not certainly the NRA way,” the statement continues.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2014/5/good-citizens-and-good-neighbors-the-gun-owners-role.aspx

<the subject of this topic is sarcastic in case you missed it>

Oh My God. It's not April, is it?  How the hell did moderates infiltrate the NRA?

Communists!  Communists!

How the hell did moderates infiltrate the NRA?

So you read what they have to say, directly word for word and they are moderates. But prior to this when your source of info on them was the MSM you thought they were gun nuts. Interesting.

• Upvote 1

So you read what they have to say, directly word for word and they are moderates. But prior to this when your source of info on them was the MSM you thought they were gun nuts. Interesting.

You've mistaken me for someone else mate.  What's the MSM?

*reads*

I don't think there's any shortage of "being afraid" or "being offended".

And I think that open displays in Texas are pretty much good old Texas boys.

Probably only makes "news" when in a national chain (fear and offended), never in a local store.

And if I remember right, open carry in Texas is restricted a lot more than many other states.

And I think that open displays in Texas are pretty much good old Texas boys.

Probably only makes "news" when in a national chain (fear and offended), never in a local store.

No, it's more than that - it's gatherings of 2 to 20 guys sporting military rifles as a way to push the envelope.  I grew up in West Virginia and Ohio, so the occasional pistol or rifle doesn't faze me at all, but I'm fully with the NRA on this one - forcing the issue in this way will surely prompt a backlash.  Oh wait, it already has:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2014/05/19/gun-control-group-asks-chipotle-to-ban-guns-after-open-carry-event/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/guns-open-carry-chilis-sonic-videos

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2010/0324/Open-carry-gun-laws-vex-Starbucks-again

Maybe someone in Open Carry Texas is starting to listen though:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/scaring-the-crap-out-of-people-doesnt-win-you-fans

Why do I see this escalating to gun owners losing in Texas.

So many arguments can be made here. I will leave it at this though. Please don't look like a clown when going to some event that will bring the news crews out. Makes you look like a whack job, and makes your cause look dumb. And if you don't like the way a buisness is being run don't support it. Sell your stock and move on.

Tonik what you guys did at the park was great. These Texas fools are fucking with people's livelihoods according to Liquor license laws. And only messing with buisnesses policies that they can set on thier own accord. Not helping the open carry cause at all.

• Upvote 1

Why do I see this escalating to gun owners losing in Texas.

So many arguments can be made here. I will leave it at this though. Please don't look like a clown when going to some event that will bring the news crews out. Makes you look like a whack job, and makes your cause look dumb. And if you don't like the way a buisness is being run don't support it. Sell your stock and move on.

Tonik what you guys did at the park was great. These Texas fools are fucking with people's livelihoods according to Liquor license laws. And only messing with buisnesses policies that they can set on thier own accord. Not helping the open carry cause at all.

I agree with everything you say. You are right on. It is retarded to walk around with an AR...that is not what the second amendment, the right to self defense and the right to carry is about. I am fine with a handgun in a holster on your hip in the open although I would never do it that way.

What these :asshat: 's are doing in Texas and recently in Medina is retarded, stupid, irresponsible and you know what, it should be illegal somehow.

Edit: I am not saying AR's should be illegal. I think parading around with them in a fucking restaurant should be.

Edited by Tonik

What isn't seen here is that there is a strong possibility that Texas will be the first state to allow CCW holders to open carry.

Much of what is in the news might be a shadow attempt to prevent it from happening.

Or prevent it from happening in other states. (Fear and Loathing)

So take a sip of media juice and pass it around.

The question of who did what is vague. Everything is far from what it appears to be. Particularly with media (and politics).

What isn't seen here is that there is a strong possibility that Texas will be the first state to allow CCW holders to open carry.

Much of what is in the news might be a shadow attempt to prevent it from happening.

Or prevent it from happening in other states. (Fear and Loathing)

So take a sip of media juice and pass it around.

The question of who did what is vague. Everything is far from what it appears to be. Particularly with media (and politics).

You can already open carry in Ohio, you don't even need a ccw to do it.

Texas is different about open carry. I forget the exact rules, but they are restrictive compared to Ohio.

Don't make me look them up. Anyone can look them up.

quick look... open carry of handguns is not allowed (in Texas)

open carry of rifles and shotguns is not forbidden unless it is done in a manner "calculated to cause alarm". Rural open carry ok. (in Texas)

The Texas standard is: In Texas, it is generally illegal to carry a handgun outside of a person’s own premises.

BUT...Texas law allows a handgun on your own property. And in your vehicle without a permit. And in transit from your house or car or boat.

That is distinctly different than Ohio.

and here's the edit: "Thirty-two states allow the open display of loaded weapons, while California, Utah, and North Dakota require that openly displayed guns be unloaded, according to the Brady Campaign. Twelve states allow open carry but only with a permit. Florida, Illinois, and Texas prohibit open carry."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2010/0324/Open-carry-gun-laws-vex-Starbucks-again

Edited by ReconRat

The idea of open carry and conceal carry are unconstitutional laws anyway. It is called an individual right, not the greater good right. A person has the right to protest, a person can bear arms however the f they want to. If a private company has an issue with this they have a right to refuse to participate. If an individual has an issue with a person concealling or open carrying, that is just your opinion and holds no ground for 'law'. Having uncontitutional laws changed to be more or less unconstitutional doesn't make them constitutional. When we start figuring that the laws already created are unconstitutional, then maybe we have a place to start.

The constitution is there to protect individuals, not the greater good. Don't get caught up in all this 'ahh man, you're going to piss people off and they are going to make more bad laws'. Rather if this is your opinion, then, 'all the current laws are bs, if anything let's not piss off private companies'.

Still, the individuals have the right to protest (or not), you have the right to call them dumb (or not).

• Upvote 1

You can already open carry in Ohio, you don't even need a ccw to do it.

Open carry is one of the main reasons we now have concealed. The organized open carry marches put the issue in the papers and have it traction.

Open carry is one of the main reasons we now have concealed. The organized open carry marches put the issue in the papers and have it traction.

I remember that in that first year, open carry was outlawed in favor of concealed. It didn't hold, and was removed.

Assuming I remember correctly.

I remember that in that first year, open carry was outlawed in favor of concealed. It didn't hold, and was removed.

Assuming I remember correctly.

I find it odd that I have to jump through hoops and pay a fee to carry concealed but I could just carry open with no checks or balances. I can't think of any other constitutional right where I have to get a license and pay a fee. Could you imagine the screaming if there was a fee and license required for an abortion.

• Upvote 1

First, fuck the NRA. Second, I agree with them on this topic. I'm not anti-open carry, either. I'm all for open carry. I love open carry. I wish I saw more open carry, but there's a difference between not concealing a weapon and grossly cramming it in everyone's face..

This is what I came to say but my thunder has been stolen

btw, I read that the outlawed open carry in Florida is being challenged. Apparently there is a large loop hole. It's allowed if you're going "fishing" or "hunting". So apparently loads of people are packing heat and saying they are going "hunting" or "fishing".

Maybe, but until they stop blaming art and video games for the acts of a mad person on a shooting rampage, they can fuck right off. If they're not part of the solution... they're just another money-grubbing lobby.

Let's say the NRA took the high road and stuck to more pertinent facts and kept the politicking and rhetoric to a minimum in the face of the fear mongering left that will literally say anything to advance gun control and ban firearms...what do you think the outcome would be???

There would be 100 times more criticism of the NRA for not doing enough to preserve the 2nd Amendment.

When it comes to maintaining rights of gun owners, the NRA is your friend...your only friend.

Edited by Tpoppa

And they would lose the battle. The have to keep the base fired up and active. It's the American F'd up way. No difference than the other side screaming blood in the streets and wild west. They can all blow me.

• Upvote 3

I would agree that there is nothing admirable about any kind of lobbying that takes place in DC.   I would love to see laws enacted to eliminate lobbying and groups who only exist to attempt to influence politicians.  But I'm not going to hold my breath.

In the mean time, if one side plays dirty and one side doesn't, the dirty side wins every time.  Pick which side of the issue you are on, and those dirty bastards are your friends.

• Upvote 1

More than a handful of folks believe that obtaining a CHL restricts an individual's right to open carry. They're incorrect, though.

Wow, that would be silly if true, like being restricted from riding a bicycle because you got a driver's license.

I know. I just burn up at the thought of participating in that whole thing. I do agree with you, though.

I'd like to believe that most Americans are above that childish crap.  Unfortunately some are not, and those seem to overwhelmingly be the ones that pursue careers as lobbyists & politicians.  They drag us all through the mud :(

Edited by Tpoppa