Anyone have or use to own a AUDI Q7...

shadyone

GF looking at a Q7 its an 07 with 92000 miles. thing is spotless inside. outside has scuffed rim and a small dink in the tailgate. has all the maintenance records that are up to date. drives wonderfully and no rattles or squeaks. whats everyone opinion on the Q7. Its a 3.6 premium that has more options than anything else we have looked at and at a great price. Im just worried about the cost of ownership and things going wrong  cant fix myself.  

Keep about $2500 in a separate account for any problems...and that might cover half or so of the cost for a repair when it happens!

Seriously though, is it up to date on all maintenence? Full service records? Ever been wrecked? Paint original? Tire thread? Alignment recently? How many owners? How much?

• Upvote 1

Audi makes a very cool car and they are great to drive, but reliability is a serious issue.

Know two people who own an Audi, and both are in the shop often. Both bought new so they get to drive an Audi when theirs are broke...its often. Almost always electrical or sensor.

Edited by whaler

Keep about $2500 in a separate account for any problems...and that might cover half or so of the cost for a repair when it happens!

Seriously though, is it up to date on all maintenence? Full service records? Ever been wrecked? Paint original? Tire thread? Alignment recently? How many owners? How much?

Full service records all up to date and done by audi dealer. never been wrecked. Drives great, drives straight when letting go of the wheel. 1 owner. Owner was a buyer for the ford dealer its at. They want to get rid of it as its not a Ford or Dodge. price is $18000 but very negotiable. tire tread is ok. so Ill use that as a bargaining chip. either work new ones into the deal or take the price down farther. about half usable tread left Id say.

I'm a valet so I have driven quite a few. Since it sounds like you've taken a test drive, you know how nice they drive (at least I think they do.) Plenty of power, smooth driving, and sharp aesthetics to boot. I obviously can't attest to the reliability aspect, but they're are copious amounts on the road so that has to mean something right? Personally I think they're good vehicles in my experience. 

$18k isn't a terrible price for that SUV, as it was probably close to $60k new...but I'd feel a little more comfortable around $16k with $2k in reserves in case of an expensive repair.

Is it possible to get a full check over at an Audi dealer before you commit to a purchase? It may cost $100 or so, but could save you big in the long run.

For your reading, in case you haven't already:

http://www.edmunds.com/audi/q7/2007/consumer-reviews.html

Was going to try to do a check by an Audi dealer. Closes one would be in Dublin more than an hour from the dealer. I'd like $16k too but thinking more like $17500 -$18000 after tax and title would still be a good deal it's also a premium model so it's about $2000 markup over the standard. Has the "20 alone wheels too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk