Riding to work...

fusion

I have a Wenger laptop backpack that I use instead of the company supplied briefcase thing. It's great, but I hate backpacks in general on the bike, its a pain. I was thinking more along the lines of a good Tank bag focused on laptops instead. I may breakdown and get some sort of sportbike saddle bags, but I really would like to avoid that for everything but overnight trips.

i take my tourmaster tailbag to work every day on my bike. i dont know if i would put my laptop in it though. it holds gym clothes and lunch right now.

Saddle bags on my cruiser work out great but when I ride my sportbike, the backpack can be a pain. I have to pack my laptop for work, books for class after work, clear visor for the ride home at night, my pocket book of crap and my monies, and food....gotta have food.....at water too......After all of that, I wouldn't doubt it if it amounted to 15-20 pounds of cargo on my back!

I love days like this where even when it's cold as hell in the morning I can still run home just to grab my bike so I have it for the ride home after work.

I've met guys that use a motorcycle as primarily transportation and almost never for fun. Even a couple of at the track only types when I lived in CA. Anyone else ride to work when they can? or when do you ride?

I love riding to work. Somehow I cut my drive time down from 30mins to 17mins. I'm not quite sure how that works.

:D

I ride to work everyday there is not snow/ice on the roads. 42 mile round trip, all highway. I think there was only one week this winter I didnt ride at least one day. Full Olympia gear, (not heated) handguards, and a taller windshield make it comfortable down to about 20 degrees. I've put 2000 miles on my 2 bikes since Jan. 1. I would so much rather ride than drive anyday. Plus there is just something cool about being one of the only bikes on the road and people just looking at you like you are crazy. :eek:

I ride to work everyday there is not snow/ice on the roads. 42 mile round trip, all highway. I think there was only one week this winter I didnt ride at least one day. Full Olympia gear, (not heated) handguards, and a taller windshield make it comfortable down to about 20 degrees. I've put 2000 miles on my 2 bikes since Jan. 1. I would so much rather ride than drive anyday. Plus there is just something cool about being one of the only bikes on the road and people just looking at you like you are crazy. :eek:

You are.