HP shaking up computing as we know it?

Casper

Nice tech but their customer service stinks. My city has a two year contract with them for all of their hardware. It's been a nightmare.

They discontinued a laptop we standardized on without telling us, leaving us 40+ orders unfulfillable. That means 40 new employees without laptops, having to make due with tiny VDI terminals for several months. Then they agreed to price-match and loan resources to accelerate testing of a newer model but couldn't get test machines to kick-start the process. We're talking to their competitors again. :-(

Anyway, I think we're going to see a lot more purpose-build processors in the future. The generalized architectures are awesomely flexible, but a lot of I.T. Is traunching into categories, especially with for-purpose Cloud and Big Data making waves. They won't replace everything, and probably not even a majority, but they will bridge vertical and horizontal scalability.

More opinion than you wanted, but that's how I roll... :-D