Fz1 replacement !!

oldschoolsdime92

what is the top-speed on the WR250x?

seems like it would be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure it could be my only bike.

I'm not sure what top speed is, but I've seen them hold a 70 pace on ky back roads. They're an awesome mountains bike. Basically, they're a Yamaha drz400sm that's fuel injected.

I have taken a few laps on the kart track with one. They're a little heavier (around 300lbs) like a drz. You can run decent laps once you get the suspension dialed. They are down on power compared to an mx 250f, but they'll hold their own.

He told me they have more hp and weigh less than a drz400 (at least I think that's how the convo went) ... Quick Google search backs that up also

**edit after looking twice, only 1 place did I see claiming wr makes more... Everywhere else says 33hp vs 26hp in drz favor.. I stand corrected

Edited by Steve Butters

He told me they have more hp and weigh less than a drz400 (at least I think that's how the convo went) ... Quick Google search backs that up also

**edit after looking twice, only 1 place did I see claiming wr makes more... Everywhere else says 33hp vs 26hp in drz favor.. I stand corrected

If you ride both back to back, I'm sure it's splitting hairs really. The drz feels a little more gutsy off the bottom end, and responds a bit better to modification, but I'd take the ease of fuel injection and the reliability of the Yamaha. The Yamaha is designed as a street bike, the drz is a modified (detuned) Dirtbike for the street.

I've had both...the Yammy is lighter and you can really feel it which helps offset the power shortage from the DRZ. The Yamaha has plenty of power but you need to get the RPMs up pretty good to get into it. The DRZ has power almost from the get go.

I don't mind having to spin the little engine up to make power. Thats part of the fun of a hooligan bike! I don't think I'd like it as my primary motorcycle, but, as a second bike to my SV, its fantastic. I have full intentions of getting on the kart track. G&J kartway is only about 45 minutes from my house.

I looked at the DRZ very heavily also, but I wanted fuel injection. I also prefer the looks of the WR over the drz quite a bit. Theres been a white DRZSM sitting outside the christian high school I pass everyday, and it just doesn't do anything for me. 

I tried to buy one of these new in 2008 and I called competition accessories to see if they had one in stock. The salesmen told me they did, and even offered to get the paper work ready. Upon arrival, they did not have one, and when I questioned him about it, he said " Oh i thought you said CRF450" or something along those lines. I then got into the triumph thing and the wr250x got put on the back burner... until now...