Pics of the worst lack of maintenance you've ever seen. GO!

silentcropduster

I wont buy a bike that shows it's had obvious neglect. I may be a bit of a maintenance nazi, but it can save a life in some circumstances. That, in itself, makes it well worth the time/money invested.

Not a bike, bit is an example of poor maintenance.   Here are some ujoint cups from my truck.  Yes, the cup on the right still has its needle bearings in there!

IMG_1051.jpg

Edited by Scruit

you must be anal then. Or have a bike that is not easily accessible. I check tires once a week takes less than 60 seconds included in that 60 seconds I can check brakes pad life. Once every 1,000 miles or so I pull out the 6 various tools I need and give each bolt a little check. Probably no more than 5 minuets. I also put the bike up on the rear stand whenever I wax the chain and before I make it all sticky I give it a quick spin and check for any kinks or tight spots.. I think I probably spend MAYBE an hour doing checks in a Season.

Anal or asshole you call it, I'm not going to pretend I know how far or often you ride. But for me a Saturday ride may involve a couple of state lines and 400+ miles, so I don't take chances with maintenance. Like my boy Hellmutt said its a sound investment of time& $$.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anal or asshole you call it, I'm not going to pretend I know how far or often you ride. But for me a Saturday ride may involve a couple of state lines and 400+ miles, so I don't take chances with maintenance. Like my boy Hellmutt said its a sound investment of time& $$.

I lube my chain,check chain tension, and check tire pressure every 500 miles. In reality I think I check my tire pressure once a week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk