That'll be fun to clean up

Casper

some time last week we had a UPS truck (semi truck, not delivery truck) get together with a dividing wall and light pole.  It tore open the trailer and spilled packages all over the highway, on BOTH sides of the wall.  The saving grace for most of the packages was that people had to avoid the truck on the Westbound side, and avoid the fallen light pole on the Eastbound side.  The result was relatively few damaged packages.

It sucked for traffic, but I was moderately amused watching the cleanup.

I was in WV and a coal truck spilled a load mostly on the grassy median of a major highway. People were shoveling it up in there own cars/trucks faster than any paid clean up crew.

None of this compares to concrete though. Yikes once that dries!

I once exited from 270 at Rt3 on the north side and came across a large pickup that had apparently shed its load of broken up concrete blocks (like from a driveway demo job) all over the exit ramp to rt3 southbound.  Clearly at least of ton of concrete that they were trying to load back into their truck.  They were still there an hour later on my way back.