Remember when the Repubs were screaming that Obama...

Tonik

....hated oil, and he would ruin us by stopping oil exploration in the US and keep us dependant on the Mid East for oil?

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/work/business/12662615-95/us-is-now-worlds-biggest-oil-producer

Conversely, remember when the Dem's told us Obama would free us from the environmental damage caused by oil drilling?

Seems like all you are full of crap.

• Upvote 1

F racking and horizontal drilling have delivered the goods that a succession of the last 10 blowhards in the white house could not.

So have the I.T. and entertainment industries.

"spurs the nation’s economic recovery"  

Yeah, I see evidence of that everywhere.   Uh huh.  A small part of NE Ohio and in the Dakotas.  Period. 

Methinks that they thinks that if they repeat this mantra enough, we'll start to believe it.   Hey, it worked to START the "recession", right?   5% unemployment, and they said we were in a recession, which started one. 

Somehow I don't think it's in

our best interest to export

this oil.  I think we should

stock up and make it last.

"What this 'we' shit, Kemosabe?  You got baby turtle in pocket?"

- Tonto, 1878.

• Upvote 1

....hated oil, and he would ruin us by stopping oil exploration in the US and keep us dependant on the Mid East for oil?

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/work/business/12662615-95/us-is-now-worlds-biggest-oil-producer

Conversely, remember when the Dem's told us Obama would free us from the environmental damage caused by oil drilling?

i3xb1v.jpg

• Upvote 4

i3xb1v.jpg

Ok, had not seen that one. That is epic.

• 2 weeks later...

So there is desire to export our oil, yet we still import 7.5mbbls daily? How does that work?

The same way most things work: to maximize profit.

There's even one school of thought that it would lower oil prices at home but like most things, I doubt that would come true long term.

The same way most things work: to maximize profit.

There's even one school of thought that it would lower oil prices at home but like most things, I doubt that would come true long term.

Yah.  Now that they know we'll pay $3+ gallon, I don't think it'll go much below that, if at all. 

Remember $1.89/ gallon, the day Obama got elected? 

So there is desire to export our oil, yet we still import 7.5mbbls daily? How does that work?

"Our" oil.  Damn.  We're in the company of an oil baron here!

I wish Obama would get off his butt and drop the gas prices.  And then fix YouTube's caching problem - it's gotten worse and worse since he took office.

My point exactly, which I don't think is what you intended. 

He can't fix it, and neither could Bush, but the media was ALL OVER Bush about the short spike in gas prices.   And not a peep about Der Fuhrer in over three consecutive years.  

I don't go to the grocery very often, but when I do is when I realize the impact that high gas prices can have.  Food is sooo much higher in such a short time, largely (I assume) because of transportation and other related costs.   And still, no griping from the left.   

• Upvote 1

I guess it depends on who on the left you're talking about because there are numb-skulls on both sides, particularly in the media who make money whenever a fervor is whipped up and ratings increase and ad rates skyrocket.  Too many people let the media do their thinking.

I have fiscal conservative friends who have thrown out that prez-price connection, and one who even swears it's always bad when the stock market goes down - no mention of market timing, and of course no "credit" to Obama for market records broken this year.  The banks are having a great year, even with several huge civil penalties paid by JP Morgan Chase, Citi and Bank of America.  So, economics and investment strategies don't appear to be the exclusive domain of either party.

Yah. Now that they know we'll pay $3+ gallon, I don't think it'll go much below that, if at all.

Remember $1.89/ gallon, the day Obama got elected?

Funny how you mention it was cheap when Obama got elected when it favors your argument and then a couple posts later argue that it was higher when Bush was president.

Here is a possible reason or two:

1. $4.50 a gallon after we stir up a shit storm in the middle east which was a Bush decision!

2. We had never had prices that high before so it was a big deal.

3. Obama pushed for higher CAFE standards so higher bad prices affect those who buy the newer higher mileage cars aren't paying more overall despite it being higher per gallon.

Regarding your bitching about food prices, it's likely higher due to weather and drought more than fuel prices. Which those assholes on the left are also trying to do something about that you won't like and you will surely overlook the benefits of and/or credit someone else.

Edited by turnone

Funny how you mention it was cheap when Obama got elected when it favors your argument and then a couple posts later argue that it was higher when Bush was president.

Here is a possible reason or two:

1. $4.50 a gallon after we stir up a shit storm in the middle east which was a Bush decision!

2. We had never had prices that high before so it was a big deal.

3. Obama pushed for higher CAFE standards so higher bad prices affect those who buy the newer higher mileage cars aren't paying more overall despite it being higher per gallon.

Regarding your bitching about food prices, it's likely higher due to weather and drought more than fuel prices. Which those assholes on the left are also trying to do something about that you won't like and you will surely overlook the benefits of and/or credit someone else.

Actually, I don't see it as hypocrisy at all, but see how it might have sounded that way.  The point I meant to make was the way the libs screamed when gas went way up under Bush for a short while (but then it came back down to its previous level), whereas there hasn't been a peep from any of those same libs while fuel has been near present levels for over three years.    I find it "funny" that you guys can't let go of Bush, and its all still his fault.  Six-plus years later.    I find it "funny" that you fail to recognize Obama's failures, and his unconstitutional takeover of our country.   I find it "funny" that you give him a free pass no matter what he does.  I find it "funny" that you find nothing wrong with his control of the media, and threats against his enemies.  I find it "funny" how the IRS scandal is to be swept under the rug ("We lost the emails" when we're all told that anything digital never goes away).   I find it "funny" how a new crisis/ scandal arises just as the prior one is gaining traction in order to snuff out/ overshadow the prior one, so people will forget about it.   Now go back and substitute "astounding" for "funny" in the above sentences.  

What are "those on the left" trying to do about higher food prices?   Sign me up on welfare so I get it for free, along with a smart phone, hair extensions, and frenched nails?   I DO see that they're starving farmers in Nor Cali for water in order to save some type of frog, gecko, or turtle.    And are you really saying that higher fuel prices don't contribute to higher food prices?   "Bitching about food prices"?  I was stating a fact, and food is where I see the most impact.

I'm not blaming libs for higher fuel prices.  I think that they are due to the oil companies themselves.  We've been desensitized to high gas prices, so there's no reason to bring them down.  And Exxon has to pay for their new compound north of Houston somehow.   The ripple effect of high fuel prices is endless.  My fees are higher because fuel is higher.   I'm gonna pass along that expense. 

I don't blame liberals for anything/ everything just because they're liberals.  Ditto for conservatives/ Republicans (not the same thing).  I don't give Bush a clean pass, nor Kasich, nor Boehner (note:  I don't consider any of them conservatives, and fully agree with the eagle graphic above).  My viewpoints are based on observations.  I don't feel that Obama nor any of his ilk have the best interests of this country at heart.  I feel that they have an agenda (Rules for Radicals, Cloward and Piven.  Take a look.  Hopefully you'll see the connections).  His own words prophesied about his intentions.  He told us what he was going to do in his campaign speeches, but nobody paid attention.  Now  he has become a dictator with a "pen and a phone", and nobody is stepping up to stop him.  Nobody.  

I think that those in power (government and corporate) have a sinister plan for world dominance. 

Some days I worry about it.  Most days I don't.  God is in control, and knows what He's doing. 

Actually, I don't see it as hypocrisy at all, but see how it might have sounded that way. The point I meant to make was the way the libs screamed when gas went way up under Bush for a short while (but then it came back down to its previous level), whereas there hasn't been a peep from any of those same libs while fuel has been near present levels for over three years. I find it "funny" that you guys can't let go of Bush, and its all still his fault. Six-plus years later. I find it "funny" that you fail to recognize Obama's failures, and his unconstitutional takeover of our country. I find it "funny" that you give him a free pass no matter what he does. I find it "funny" that you find nothing wrong with his control of the media, and threats against his enemies. I find it "funny" how the IRS scandal is to be swept under the rug ("We lost the emails" when we're all told that anything digital never goes away). I find it "funny" how a new crisis/ scandal arises just as the prior one is gaining traction in order to snuff out/ overshadow the prior one, so people will forget about it. Now go back and substitute "astounding" for "funny" in the above sentences.

What are "those on the left" trying to do about higher food prices? Sign me up on welfare so I get it for free, along with a smart phone, hair extensions, and frenched nails? I DO see that they're starving farmers in Nor Cali for water in order to save some type of frog, gecko, or turtle. And are you really saying that higher fuel prices don't contribute to higher food prices? "Bitching about food prices"? I was stating a fact, and food is where I see the most impact.

I'm not blaming libs for higher fuel prices. I think that they are due to the oil companies themselves. We've been desensitized to high gas prices, so there's no reason to bring them down. And Exxon has to pay for their new compound north of Houston somehow. The ripple effect of high fuel prices is endless. My fees are higher because fuel is higher. I'm gonna pass along that expense.

I don't blame liberals for anything/ everything just because they're liberals. Ditto for conservatives/ Republicans (not the same thing). I don't give Bush a clean pass, nor Kasich, nor Boehner (note: I don't consider any of them conservatives, and fully agree with the eagle graphic above). My viewpoints are based on observations. I don't feel that Obama nor any of his ilk have the best interests of this country at heart. I feel that they have an agenda (Rules for Radicals, Cloward and Piven. Take a look. Hopefully you'll see the connections). His own words prophesied about his intentions. He told us what he was going to do in his campaign speeches, but nobody paid attention. Now he has become a dictator with a "pen and a phone", and nobody is stepping up to stop him. Nobody.

I think that those in power (government and corporate) have a sinister plan for world dominance.

Some days I worry about it. Most days I don't. God is in control, and knows what He's doing.

So libs were the only ones who complained when gas went from $2 to $4??

No, no they weren't. Everyone hated it that I knew.

After a while $3-4 gas becomes the norm and normal people stop comaining about it and move on with life. Eventually it will be $5-6 and we will complain at first and get used to it. Such is life. It's no conspiracy. I only disagree with gas and oil tax breaks when unneeded. I don't think gas is too expensive. It's hard to get oil I to gas into my car or bike.

Gas has been high for years but you complain of a recent spike in food prices. Therefore it's not hard to realize the recent increases aren't from fuel prices. Yes they contribute but not the cause of the rise.

And for you and others to call any president a dictator shows a complete lack of understanding what actaual dictators do. You and I would both be tortured and killed in short order for our comments.

You gotta give the fox news lemmings a break, if Hannity calls him a "mom jeans wearing, weak, drunk on power, pussy weenie dictator", they have no filter to say, "wait a second, those 2 things contradict each other". They just eat it up, and regurgitate it onto forums and youtube comments.

Edited by magley64

So libs were the only ones who complained when gas went from $2 to $4??  >> I didn't say that. I was referring to the uproar of "Bush and his Big Oil cronies are getting rich" when the gas temporarily spiked under his presidency.  And yet we're in year #3 of the same high prices under Obama, and there was NEVER a peep or media coverage.   Three years.   None of us liked it.  The situation was hyped under Bush, muted under Obama. 

No, no they weren't. Everyone hated it that I knew.  >> I agree completely, on both points.  

Gas has been high for years but you complain of a recent spike in food prices. Therefore it's not hard to realize the recent increases aren't from fuel prices. Yes they contribute but not the cause of the rise.

>>  I didn't say it was a recent spike.  I realize that its not sudden.  I stated that the grocery is where I notice it the most, and also stated that I don't go to the grocery very often.  I don't believe that I stated that they are the sole cause.

And for you and others to call any president a dictator shows a complete lack of understanding what actaual dictators do. You and I would both be tortured and killed in short order for our comments.

>>  I do consider him a dictator, as he does himself.  Did he not say "I've got a phone and a pen"?  What do you think he was implying?   Does he not give "executive orders" to change his own laws, i.e. Obamacare?  And has the SCOTUS not struck his decisions down 13 times thus far, when he's tried to act on his own?  Is he not usurping Congress in "making laws" which affect most, if not all, of us?   Is he not threatening and harassing his "enemies", i.e. Tea Party groups via the IRS?  i.e. ranchers re: the invasion of the illegals? Controlling the media (why is the Invasion of the Illegals not all over the news? 

I appreciate your need to defend him no matter what he may do, but in the end I don't think it will serve you very well. 

You gotta give the fox news lemmings a break, if Hannity calls him a "mom jeans wearing, weak, drunk on power, pussy weenie dictator", they have no filter to say, "wait a second, those 2 things contradict each other". They just eat it up, and regurgitate it onto forums and youtube comments.

>>  Wow.   A liberal talking to me about contradiction and hypocrisy.  Things really have come full circle.  But how quickly we get to the name calling...

If Hannity has stated anything that I've posted, its sheer coincidence, as I don't follow Hannity.  

I firmly believe that your president is evil, and attempting (succeeding) to dismantle this country. 

United we stood, divided we're falling.   We need to physically divide the country, because your schools have taught you to dislike this country.  We're not going to find a middle ground.  

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

I don't dislike my country. I love living here. I don't like the religious zealots who are trying to turn it into a theocracy. And not once did I vote for our current president, I give him credit for trying though.