Bell Star Carbon Airtrix Boogie

RidersDiscount

Bell has released all new 2014 colorways for their Star Carbon line including this graphic from Chris Wood of Airtrix, the Airtrix Boogie.  What’s most noticeable on this particular graphic is the mixture of gloss and matte finishes showing off the carbon weave underneath.  The gloss red, grey, and silver graphics are separated by a gold flake pin stripe.  

Bell_Star_AirtrixBoogie_7.jpg

Bell_Star_AirtrixBoogie_8.jpg

As with the previous Bell Star Carbon helmets, this version uses an outer shell that is made from 100% carbon fiber. Bell spent a great deal of time engineering the shell to be not only lightweight and strong, but very aerodynamic as well. What they came up with was an angular shape with a uniquely contoured spoiler, both of which make this helmet extremely stable and resistant to buffeting. Air is also directed into the variety of strategically placed vents at the front in order to push warm, stale air out through the exhaust vents at the back. All vents are independently adjustable so that you can dial in the ventilation for a variety of conditions.

Bell_Star_AirtrixBoogie10.jpg

Bell_Star_AirtrixBoogie_6.jpg

Another feature that goes unchanged is the shield system. The Star Carbon uses their fog and scratch resistant NutraFog II face shield in order to keep your view clear. It’s also treated with a potent anti-UV coating so that you don’t have to worry about your face being burnt red after a day’s ride in the sun. Bell’s 3Mode Shield allows you to quickly lock the visor down, crack it open for added ventilation and swap out faceshields with no tools required. And don’t forget to ask about a Bell Transitions SolFX Photochromatic faceshield available from Riders Discount. These visors have the same great benefits of the included unit, but also change their tint based upon lighting conditions. They darken quickly (~10 seconds) when the sun is out for squint-free daytime riding.

Bell_RS1_Airtrix_Boogie_360.gif

If you’re interested in the Bell Star Carbon Airtrix Boggie, just get in touch with MIKE by calling 866.931.6644 ext. 804 or send an email to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we’ll get back to you right away!

Aaaargh. I gotta quit opening Nathan's posts with these beautiful new helmets!

(BTW, I still think that my cheapo RS-1 Emblem is the most stable helmet at speed that I've ever worn.   Next will be a Star Carbon of some sort).

Aaaargh. I gotta quit opening Nathan's posts with these beautiful new helmets!

(BTW, I still think that my cheapo RS-1 Emblem is the most stable helmet at speed that I've ever worn.   Next will be a Star Carbon of some sort).

We want you to keep opening them though  :D  Nathan is writing the reviews now but I am back on the sales end of things here on OR (Mike). 

We want you to keep opening them though  :D  Nathan is writing the reviews now but I am back on the sales end of things here on OR (Mike).

Well you are quite the enabler as well, Mike.....luckily I just bought another Star Carbon making it much easier to abstain, so I'll let YSR stew over this one alone :D

Jeff, you'll love the Star Carbon is you have an RS-1, the interiors are modeled alike but much lighter feel with the Carbon

Well you are quite the enabler as well, Mike.....luckily I just bought another Star Carbon making it much easier to abstain, so I'll let YSR stew over this one alone :D

Jeff, you'll love the Star Carbon is you have an RS-1, the interiors are modeled alike but much lighter feel with the CarboSorr

Sorry?  :dunno: