Any FZ1 owners?

silentcropduster

That looks like a pretty good price if it's a clean title, but not one to kill yourself chasing.  As I said earlier, there ain't a lot of love for the nekkids.  Joe's (Scuba) '10 Z1000 http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/105284-fs-2010-kawasaki-z1000/ was on this board for a couple of months at $5500, and I had my '09 FZ1 http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/102440-2009-yamaha-fz1-graniteblk-75k-mi-new-pirellis-lots-of-aftermarket-goodies/ with just 7K miles and more aftermarket extras than the one listed above for sale here and a few other forums for $4795 late last year and it took me almost 6 months to sell it to a guy in L-ville.  They are both great bikes for the price.  Good luck in your search!!!

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 1

Understood....I'm going to go look at that fz1 monday. Anything I should look out for besides the obvious: being dropped, brakes, tures, oil, shocks? I heard of a few that might have had cracks in the welds?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Everything I read on the FZO1A board suggests that the weld issue was in the early Gen-II's, pretty rare, and had been resolved by '08.

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69625

Edited by Bubba

Understood....I'm going to go look at that fz1 monday. Anything I should look out for besides the obvious: being dropped, brakes, tures, oil, shocks? I heard of a few that might have had cracks in the welds?

just because its you I'm heading over there right now with cash.

I've put about 10,000 miles on my 2007 FZ1.

Bad:

Seat is terrible and Yamaha comfort seat is only slightly better.

Ambient temperature gauge is not accurate.

That's about it for the bad.

Good:

Good suspension

Strong engine above 4000 rpm. Will still pull 6th gear from 2000 rpm with stock gearing.  Not a lot of vibration for an inline 4.  For me I don't especially want a hard pull or hit at low rpm.

Good handling especially if you change the 190/50 rear tire for a 190/55.  Makes for smoother quicker turn in.

Fairly comfortable.  Yamaha touring windshield is pretty good.

Bike turns and handles very good yet is extremely stable.

Yamaha quality and reliability.

Headlights are excellent and both lights are on. Not this stupid one on one off light.

Overall it's just a very fun bike to ride.  I've been riding for a lot of years and this bikes performance abilities are far beyond my skills.

• Upvote 2

I've put about 10,000 miles on my 2007 FZ1.

Bad:

Seat is terrible and Yamaha comfort seat is only slightly better.

Ambient temperature gauge is not accurate.

That's about it for the bad.

Good:

Good suspension

Strong engine above 4000 rpm. Will still pull 6th gear from 2000 rpm with stock gearing. Not a lot of vibration for an inline 4. For me I don't especially want a hard pull or hit at low rpm.

Good handling especially if you change the 190/50 rear tire for a 190/55. Makes for smoother quicker turn in.

Fairly comfortable. Yamaha touring windshield is pretty good.

Bike turns and handles very good yet is extremely stable.

Yamaha quality and reliability.

Headlights are excellent and both lights are on. Not this stupid one on one off light.

Overall it's just a very fun bike to ride. I've been riding for a lot of years and this bikes performance abilities are far beyond my skills.

I bought a 2010 black w gold rims, 4k miles, has yoshi exhaust, zero gravity double bubble paid 5500. I'll get the seat mod done by the guy whose on the fz1oa.com forums, I hear here's awesome.

• Upvote 1

I own a 2006 FZ1 and a 2008 FZ1. I have also owned a 2005 FZ1 (Gen. 1) until I hit a deer. The bikes are a great cross between a sport bike and a standard bike allowing you to ride all day without stopping much, every 1-1/2 to 2 hours. The seat is the only issue with the FZ1, so I bought the aftermarket Sargent seat..... problem solved. The power the FZ1 generates is more than enough for most sane people. I've done 170 MPH with power left, no reason for more IMHO. I have rode over 460 miles in SE Ohio in a day and had no problems with comfort. I am waiting to see if Yamaha redesigns the FZ1 for 2015. Good luck!