Good job harley....good job.

Gixxus Christ!

That's what happens when you go over the speed the bike is designed for.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. My work bike does it pretty frequently when leaned over past 30mph+. Hitting a small bump with moderate lean really upsets the bike and causes it also. Really really wish they had a steering damper. Edited by SJC1000rr

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. My work bike does it pretty frequently when leaned over past 30mph+. Hitting a small bump with moderate lean really upsets the bike and causes it also. Really really wish they had a steering damper.

See, they are only designed to go parade speed.

• Upvote 1

installing a damper to correct a poor chassis/suspension design isn't the answer.

In fact, I would conjecture that a damper might relieve the issue at lower speeds, but exacerbate it at higher speeds.  That might prove more dangerous.

TL1000's (Suzuki) had this issue.  For a year...

I can believe the 20-30 mph story, but not the 90mph.  I've never been behind a Harley thats able to do the speed limit,  no matter where it is or what the speed limit is.  I was 11th in a line of cars yesterday afternoon (I was on the bike) on SR73 between Springboro and Waynesville.  Why the line?  Because the Harley at the front of the line decided that we all needed to be going 45mph in a 55mph zone.     Aaaaaarghhhh.   

I have no desire to own or ride a Harley.  None.  

I've personally done 90 on a harley...a few actually. The vrod will do 90 in first gear. The other one was a dyna low rider and it took some persuasion but eventually got up there.

Your problem might have been that this particular harley rider was also old as fuck, scared as fuck or dumb as fuck.

Some people shouldn't ride.

I've personally done 90 on a harley...a few actually. The vrod will do 90 in first gear. The other one was a dyna low rider and it took some persuasion but eventually got up there.

Your problem might have been that this particular harley rider was also old as fuck, scared as fuck or dumb as fuck.

Some people shouldn't ride.

It seems to be a mentality thing (kind of like guys in diesel pickups that think they're obligated to leave a huge cloud of black exhaust when leaving every stoplight).   This wasn't the only recent case of a HD rider doing under the speed limit.   I don't like group rides, but did one about six weeks ago with some close friends. Leader is an awesome guy, but was on a HD, and we spent three hours riding 5mph under the speed limit.   

I guess I shouldn't have said that HD is unable to do the speed limit, but the HD mentality that I've seen lately is that the riders refuse to.  Consistently. 

I guess I shouldn't have said that HD is unable to do the speed limit, but the HD mentality that I've seen lately is that the riders refuse to.  Consistently. 

Well, they are CRUISERS with short cornering ground clearances after all.  Footpeg scrapes when you don't know the point where they'll grab and cause a low-side can be nerve-wracking.  At least the guy knew his limits - a lot of squid boyz don't, and not only pay the price, but ruin the group ride for everyone else collecting the smashed bike and waiting for an ambulance to arrive.  When I'm on a slow group ride, I take it as a challenge to just dial back and enjoy the scenery instead of pushing the art of curve lines.

Well, they are CRUISERS with short cornering ground clearances after all.  Footpeg scrapes when you don't know the point where they'll grab and cause a low-side can be nerve-wracking.  At least the guy knew his limits - a lot of squid boyz don't, and not only pay the price, but ruin the group ride for everyone else collecting the smashed bike and waiting for an ambulance to arrive.  When I'm on a slow group ride, I take it as a challenge to just dial back and enjoy the scenery instead of pushing the art of curve lines.

I'm not nearly that insightful, especially on a straight, flat road (73 between Sboro and Waynsvl).  I view it as straight up inconsiderate assbaggery doucheyness.   And yes, those are real words.  It says so in the Geneva Convention.  Look it up.