OMRL G&J 7/26-7/27

Morning race was great, afternoon it rained and all hell broke loose! i think there might have been 3 people total out of all of us that didn't crash in the second race, i crashed twice!!

Morning race was great, afternoon it rained and all hell broke loose! i think there might have been 3 people total out of all of us that didn't crash in the second race, i crashed twice!!

Damn.... slip and slide out there!  

How did you finish after crashing twice?  Good to hear you were able to keep going! 

lol 3rd in Novice i think. bent bars, bent brake lever (had no front brake for 6 laps) and maybe a small fracture in my thumb. Pretty sore today and cant hardly move it. May have to tape my left hand to the bars next race.

lol 3rd in Novice i think. bent bars, bent brake lever (had no front brake for 6 laps) and maybe a small fracture in my thumb. Pretty sore today and cant hardly move it. May have to tape my left hand to the bars next race.

Heal up soon and hope to see you out for the Aug 23rd race!

Hope your hand/thumb looks better than mine did when I crashed my first race.

mAq7yKpl.jpg

Ouch! same exact spot mine is but I am no where near that bad...Had the front tire wash out on me in a right hander and pretty sure i tried to brace for the fall. Hoping to see you guys before that, Kent was talking to me yesterday about setting up a night practice at CRP soon.

Ouch! same exact spot mine is but I am no where near that bad...Had the front tire wash out on me in a right hander and pretty sure i tried to brace for the fall. Hoping to see you guys before that, Kent was talking to me yesterday about setting up a night practice at CRP soon.

Hopefully it is NOT the weekend of the 9th!  

How was the XR grid turnout?  Many new faces?  Anyone have results to post up yet?

Georgia, nice job on posting up some pix!

Awesome pictures!

Thanks guys! Anyone know who was on the red honda with number plate 176?

Yup that's little Gavin, he ran awesome this weekend! Won every race he entered beating the likes of Jared Trees etc. All he needed was the mind set that he could win and i believe he got that this weekend.

yeah, Gavin is definitely 176.  He has stepped it up a TON this year.   Last season, I could almost keep up with him, but he was impossible to pass.  I blamed his weight advantage.  This year, I'm a couple seconds faster than I was last year, and he's still a solid 2 seconds faster than me...  And that's not because he's lighter.

The kid can ride.

Only gets harder as they get older and faster. Look at Harrison. I use to beat him at CRP, then the light switch went off one day and Jordan and I couldn't keep up.. Now.. The little punk waves at me as he passes me at Mid O on his SV! Lol

Funny thing is... I know someone that can help ya with that workout/diet! Lol

But seriously.. Even with my bike and me weighing in at 150lbs, it's a hard task to pass Gavin.

haha - yeah, I'm not going to pretend that losing weight would be a magic bullet.  It would really just eliminate another excuse!   My physical fitness has been a roller-coaster over the last few years.  I used to have a job with a gym in the basement.  I could run and work out during lunch daily.  Then during bar prep, working out was my sanity.  I wasn't lifting as much, but I ran a lot, and was training for 12 mile adventure races (I actually missed the first 2013 OMRL round for the PA Tough Mudder).  Accepting my current job last September has meant 90 minutes a day (minimum) commuting.  Throw a baby into the mix, and my workouts have been limited to doing squats while holding the kid on my shoulders, and stopping at the pushup/pull-up stations in the park when I walk the dogs with said baby in the stroller...  That happens once a week if i'm lucky. 

But yeah, none of that makes me any faster - it just allows me to go faster.