Mid Ohio VMD 2014

fireman_343

I know this is a few weeks late, but I wanted to say thanks to thouse that came to the garage and said hi and watch the races.. I met a few new people and it was great to catch up with old friends. 

With this being my 2nd year racing in the VMD, I'm very happy at how well WERA and the AMA run the event.  Being a race director for the mini club, OMRL, I wouldn't want that job... so I tip my hat to everyone involved in making the weekend go smooth.

I came into the weekend with a goal of scrub'n 2 sec off my best time on my '90 FZR400. I wasn't able to do that, but was able to match my best of 1:43 on the old girl. I'm not sure if its the key hole area, or what... but it seemed like most everyone that weekend were a few sec off their best times from last year.  I know I'm leaving some time on the track in the key hole and also the carousel area, so I know what I need to work on.  I was happy to lead both races Sat and Sun every lap except the one that counts.. the last one! lol  That damn FZR400 with his "cheater motor" went flying past me on the straight like I was sitting still. (love ya Scott) lol  So, I had to settle for 2nd.

I'm going to install the same motor or figure something else out to get that 35 extra HP I need. I'm also going to put some newer R6 forks on the front as the little FZR forks are not working as well as I want them to. 

I might try to make a track day before the end of the season to work on those two sections and really try to nail them down and get it dialed in good for next year. 

Here are a few pic's and quick video from the weekend.  Again, it was nice to see everyone that came by the pits and Thanks to Brian for trying to figure out why I shreaded that slick on Sat... :)

http://youtu.be/U2tAclZNZ18

Thanks to Joe and David for the sweet pics!

IMG_7359_zpsf8ae2f8f.jpg

IMG_7388_zps60509ee0.jpg

IMG_7361_zps1fbec3a3.jpg

10455146_10152611990251803_5302383851500

Edited by fireman_343