2015 Indian Scout

Tpoppa

Needs bigger than a 3.3 gallon tank though, that is a letdown. :(

+1. Stopping for gas every 90 miles or so is a letdown.

Exactly.   This is the same complaint on the Honda Fury, but I think it's even more anemic at 2.9 gallon or so

100 hp crank (80ish rwhp), and a compression ratio of 9.5:1 is a pretty docile state of tune for an 1100cc liquid cooled V-Twin.  I would expect it to get at least 45 mpg.  That would make the range respectable.

I'm going to guess that Indian will offer some go fast addons to boost the compression ratio and hp.

JBot, basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it's produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive duractance. The original machine had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings ran in a direct line with the panametric fan.

The line-up consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzul vanes so fitted to the ambaphascient lunar wain shaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-odeltoid type placed in panendurmic semi-bulloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremmy pipe to the differential girdle spring on the up-end of the grammeters.

Moreover, whenever fluorescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with the drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

The Scout has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of Milford trunnions. It's available soon, wherever Indian products are sold.

That's one impressive wall of Jargon.  I was doing ok navigating through that mess right up until the laughing began and I could no longer concentrate.  Bravo.  :cheers:

That's one impressive wall of Jargon.  I was doing ok navigating through that mess right up until the laughing began and I could no longer concentrate.  Bravo.  :cheers:

Thanks!  But to be completely transparent, I stole it from

• Upvote 1

The Scout is nice to look at and is definitely way above a Sportster in performance. I'm glad to see some serious competition coming to Harley on it's own turf.  The comparison sheet that has been circulating shows the maximum lean angle of the Scout to be 31 degrees & the Sportster to be 26 degrees.  For my amusement I converted the lean angles to lateral g force (lateral g force = tangent of lean angle), looked up some other stuff & made a comparison sheet of my own:

Harley Sportster: _________0.48 g (26 degree max lean angle)

Indian Scout: ____________0.60 g (31 degree max lean angle)

AM General Hummer H3: ___0.62 g

Toyota Camry: ___________0.73 g

VW Jetta: _______________0.78 g

Honda Goldwing: _________0.84 g (40 degree max lean angle)

Audi A4:________________ 0.87 g

Dodge Viper: ____________0.96 g

Typical Sportbike_________1.19 g  (approx. 50 degree max lean angle)

MotoGP bikes____________1.73 g (approx  60 degree max lean angle)

Formula 1 car____________4.00 g

I don't think I could ever spend my hard earned money on any bike that could be out-cornered by a Hummer.

• 2 weeks later...

The Indian Scout will make its "1st Run" appearance on Saturday, August 23rd Noon until 4:00 at Indian Motorcycle of Columbus / Pony Powersports. This first look opportunity will be the Scout debut in central Ohio. During the "1st Run" two display only Scouts will be on hand.

On September 16-17 Indian Motorcycle of Columbus will have Scout demo bikes and the rest of the entire Indian Motorcycle lineup for fun & free demo rides. 

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/scouts-first-run-tour

Edited by Iron Pony
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wife and I looked at and sat on...wife and I surprised that it felt lite (much lighter than the materials stating 536lbs). The red one is $12,999, plus whatever finance office and taxes would tack on. Kinda like it...not sure of the flat sided fenders, but if I suddenly come into money, would consider it.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles