Rehabbing a house, paint and carpet???

shep

I am in the process of rehabing/ helping fix up my grandpas house. My grandparents were smokers but quit roughly 3 years ago. My main question is I have an oil based kilz, does anyone know if paint will stick to the kilz or will I have to rough up everything I paint with the kilz? Also is carpet doable for a rookie or is it something I should look for a professional to do?

You can steam clean smoke away. that is steam clean everything.. pull the carpets yourself and then steam the floors underneath. Also Id recommend using a mild detergent for the steam cleaner. then paint the walls and then have carpet put in..... 

The previous owners of my house smoked. I rented these blower things that pump oxygenated air or some shit in the house and ventilation ducts and it worked like a damn charm. Can't recall exactly what it was called thoufh

By checking out their website, I'm getting the impression

that you can use the paint of your choice over top of it.

Here are their products.  Click on the one you are using

and I think you will find your plan to be a good one.

http://www.kilz.com/primer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=c05f90033f9ff110VgnVCM1000008a05d103RCRD

Or, tomorrow when you are doing nothing, buzz them up.

For Technical Service:
1-866-977-3711
techservice@masterchem.com