Canadians think Crown Royal is good whiskey

Casper

All you vodka posters in the whiskey thread, Grey Goose is first, but Svedka is more practical.  So the wife gets her $40 / 1/5 Grey Goose and I get my $20 / 1/2 gallon of Svedka.

But then she wants to mix the GRey Goose!!!!!   Drives me crazy!!!

Edited by Ron505
  • Upvote 1

I thought Tito's was pretty frickin' cool for awhile, but it tends to hang me over.  But then I drink vodka on the rocks with a twist when I'm drinking vodka, and it's got to be clean.  Ketel One is the go-to for sure for that.  Just enough taste without being flowery like Goose or raw and impure like Oyo.  I'm not saying Oyo is bad, just be prepared for what it is; a single filtered vodka with a lot of character that some find off-putting.  But its awesome for special occasions and reminds me a lot of shine.  Goose, on the other hand, is a chick vodka.  The bottle is pretty and women like it for that and the name, and it tastes like perfumed douche...  But we stock it in the bar cause it sells.  If I'm mixing, I'll use Skyy.  Triple filtered through charcoal and it makes even sugar free Rock Star into a beverage worth having - well, maybe worth having one of for shits and giggles anyway.

Back to bourbon.  Beam is best for mixers.  Derby day Julips made with Beam will make the most boring soccer mom squeal like a school girl at Post Time, if you make em right.  But you gotta sell the fresh mint leaves muddled in the bottom of the glass and kick up the presentation with powdered sugar on top.  More on that some other time...

Makers Mark - it's what's in the Manhattan I'm partaking in right now, and I make a bad-ass Manhattan.  Learned it from my Dad - he knew his shit.  I'm on number three and typing is becoming a challege.  Like I said, Crown is over-rated but you get that cute little blue bag that you can leave laying around to hint to all your friends that you drink crown.  meh.  And, dear god I tried that maple crown shit at my son's 30th b-day party and I'd like to cut my own fucking taste buds out.  I'd sooner chug pancake syrup.

Better end this before I say someithing offensive.  Oh, wait.  Killians.  There I said something offensive.  It's NOT a fucking Irish beer.  It's a coooooooors product.  You wanna drink an Irish beer, get you some Smithwicks.  And fucking learn how to pronounce it.  lol

• Upvote 1

Crown isn't my favorite, but my father in law keeps it stocked, so I drink it frequently with him.

The bottle I buy most often is bulleit bourbon. I like the rye only a tad less. Knob creek is also one I really like, but bulleit is considerably less expensive.

I rode a motorcycle 6 blocks after half a bottle of CC once. Can't believe I can still stomach it after that night, but I rather like it. Definitely my favorite Canadian whiskey.

Smiddicks.

I drank jack and water tonight along side some left hand nitro milk stout. Got the job done.

Eagle rare or woodford reserve are great bourbons. The makers 46 is also really good if you like a very woody bourbon.

beam devils cut is also surprisingly tasty, but very woody....I would say it's a scotch drinker's bourbon...worth trying.

I'm drunk and going to bed.

That is all.

• Upvote 2

The bottle I buy most often is bulleit bourbon. I like the rye only a tad less. Knob creek is also one I really like, but bulleit is considerably less expensive.

Love Bulliet bourbon. My favorite winter four wheeling liquid. Keeps you warm.

• Upvote 2

All you vodka posters in the whiskey thread, Grey Goose is first, but Svedka is more practical. So the wife gets her $40 / 1/5 Grey Goose and I get my $20 / 1/2 gallon of Svedka.

But then she wants to mix the GRey Goose!!!!! Drives me crazy!!!

Svedka is the fucking devil dressed in a magical clear potion that will have effects similar to ghb and you will wind up swimming in lake Erie when it is 20 degrees F outside then waking up in eastlake when your night started in Westlake with only the clothes on your back, a court summons for PI and a cab driver who is going to shoot you for not paying. And not to mention the worst headache of your life

• Upvote 1