Josh Herrin released from Caterham’s Moto2 team

bark615

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/Wilairot+joins+AirAsia+Caterham+Moto+Racing

Johan Stigefelt, Caterham’s Moto2 Team Manager, commented: “We have decided to replace Josh with Ratthapark. It was not an easy decision but it was necessary in order to try to bring better results on that side of the garage.”

Hopefully he can get a ride in WSS or WSBK for next season. 

Edited by bark615

I'm with you parks, the only time you see him is when he crashed. I knew this was coming.... I figured they would keep him until Indy then let him go. The first couple of races for him were excused because of Zarco slipping up as well. After that though Zarco has landed on the podium and then on pole last week, fighting for the lead and the podium the whole race. I was constantly looking to see if I could pick out Herrins name on the top 21 list on the side of the screen and it was nowhere to be found. I'm sure it's discouraging for the kid but you can't put any blame on the team. And thus year seems to be the year everyone is letting go of riders mid season.

I'm with Biggie on this one. I think a full season would have been a more fair evaluation.

Not trying to ignore the crashes and poor results, but they axed josh right as he was starting to improve and reign in the mistakes. That's unfortunate.

I think JH2 turned off some fans with comments he made years ago ...when he was 19 or so. I think the haters need to realize how much josh has grown up, and remember how much of an idiot THEY were at his age. I feel bad for josh, but I'm not worried about him at all. He'll be racing again soon.

This is a business.  That's the part that everyone forgets.  Personal experiences socially with the kid, the personality he portrays, etc means nothing.  He is in a business at the world level and has to produce.  Josh was fortunate enough to snag the best bike and best team against some minimal talent levels over here.  He essentially was racing against 3-4 riders and that was it.  Same with this season with Cameron.  BUT...  Take Josh's history and compare to that of Cameron.  Cameron is a much better rider.  More consistent, faster and I think a better opportunity for us at the world level.  If Cameron had that same ride, I can promise he'd produce better results...

Josh went too soon.  He dove in and with what I would consider less talent than what could have been in that seat, has been drowning.  He should have taken the path that PJ currently is for example as I think Josh would have done well at the WSS level. 

And to say they axed him as he was starting to improve is silly.  They test and test and race, and race.  It's September.  It's way too late for improvement to be "starting".  He will be racing again.  Issue is where and for whom.