$1200 lower receiver machining center? gtfo

Gixxus Christ!

$1200 to make a $65 part? Why?

Not to mention there will undoubtably be a federal suit that will then put the names and addresses of anyone that purchased one on the ATF door kick list. Just buy a lower from a private seller with cash and you have the exact same level of untraceability without ending up on a watch list and spending $1200.

I could understand if it made other things but it only makes one thing. How is it even worth it to you when it only makes an AR lower and nothing else?

How is it even worth it to you when it only makes an AR lower and nothing else?

I don't believe this even "makes" an AR lower... it just finishes the milling on an inserted 80% lower...

so basically:

buy the $75 80%... name goes on a list of who purchased one..

buy the $1200 machine that mills the $75 part ... name on another list

buy the $60-$80 lower parts kit needed to make the lower usable - name on another list

Or... as Midget said... cash sale, private party... already complete lower... easily avoid your name going on a "list"

It's a cnc mill. With a cad/cam program you can make pretty much anything with it as long as it's not bigger than the machine can cut, you have the tooling and the bar stock...so you could design and make your own pistol frames, motorcycle parts, whatever.

If its a cnc mill you can do whatever you want with it, it's all g codes and m codes. It may be optimized to do lowers with the size and price, and it may not be able to handle harder materials at any significant feed rate but a cnc mill is a cnc mill. Buy one and I'll come program it to make shiny butt plugs if you want....but a lathe would be better for that.

So in short, you're assuming it will do other things and didn't read it all. Got it. All I was asking. You get quite defensive lately, there a pill for that. Not everyone is out to get you. No need to be an asshat everytime someone asks a question.

Carry on, as with most your other threads I'm done with this one too.

www.ghostgunner.net

"As shipped, Ghost Gunner can manufacture any mil-spec 80% AR-15 lower receiver that already has the rear take down well milled out. Lowers with non-mil-spec trigger guards that are otherwise mil-spec are also compatible. Defense Distributed recommends using the 7075 Ares Armor Raw 80% Lower AR-15 Billet, available for purchase here."

"Ghost Gunner is capable of manufacturing more than just firearm receivers. With Defense Distributed's open source Physibles Development SDK (pDev), designers can distribute files via our '.dd' file format, which contains all installation and assembly instructions, any required jig files to hold the part in place (that users can print with a 3D printer), and all machine definitions and code to physically manufacture a particular design. "

"Machinable dimensions: 175 x 75 x 60mm (~6.75 x 2.95 x 2.35") 

Maximum part dimensions: 230 x 90 x 100mm (~9.05 x 3.50 x 3.90") "

So in short, you're assuming it will do other things and didn't read it all. Got it. All I was asking. You get quite defensive lately, there a pill for that. Not everyone is out to get you. No need to be an asshat everytime someone asks a question.

Carry on, as with most your other threads I'm done with this one too.

Wasn't being defensive dude....wtf? It's called a joke. I was trying to illustrate that it can make other things. Sorry if I struck a nerve with the butt plug comment, I didn't know it was a sore subject with you.

Don't be mad bro

www.ghostgunner.net

"As shipped, Ghost Gunner can manufacture any mil-spec 80% AR-15 lower receiver that already has the rear take down well milled out. Lowers with non-mil-spec trigger guards that are otherwise mil-spec are also compatible. Defense Distributed recommends using the 7075 Ares Armor Raw 80% Lower AR-15 Billet, available for purchase here."

"Ghost Gunner is capable of manufacturing more than just firearm receivers. With Defense Distributed's open source Physibles Development SDK (pDev), designers can distribute files via our '.dd' file format, which contains all installation and assembly instructions, any required jig files to hold the part in place (that users can print with a 3D printer), and all machine definitions and code to physically manufacture a particular design. "

"Machinable dimensions: 175 x 75 x 60mm (~6.75 x 2.95 x 2.35")

Maximum part dimensions: 230 x 90 x 100mm (~9.05 x 3.50 x 3.90") "

Also this.

I still stand by my earlier comment... if all this is bought for is to finish an 80% lower... pointless... seems to me you end up more traceable than buying a private sale serialized firearm...

BUT... $1200 for a small scale, fully capable CNC machine... seems to be a nice price point... 

machine anything I want from a 9x3 inch block of stock... for $1200... 

I still stand by my earlier comment... if all this is bought for is to finish an 80% lower... pointless... seems to me you end up more traceable than buying a private sale serialized firearm...

BUT... $1200 for a small scale, fully capable CNC machine... seems to be a nice price point...

machine anything I want from a 9x3 inch block of stock... for $1200...

Exactly. Grab a version of autocad off pirate bay, buy a vice or some hold down clamps, make whatever you want.

Even butt plugs.