Glenmont Gun Show

Unk Greg

Zero deer.....ya need to ride with us....see today's ride report..."we'uns"

Back to the gun show....went early. Breakfast was served, $4.00 and got a plate full. Raffle tickets, I shouldn't have but I did....never win anything.....saw several nice things. Overpriced Moose-gant sniper rifle, purported to be matching #'s, the stock was stripped down and finished in natural wood color...I woulda preferred the original cherry red look. Priced at $1300. Regular Moose at $179 and $229. Again, thinking hunnert dollar would be right price. Garrand way cheaper than "Fin" in Ashland....by a thousand. Tempted, but I purposely DID NOT bring a lot of money....just because I knew I would find sumptin'.

Got in actually before start time....an absolutely beautiful flint lock sold for $200.00 the guy was unloading his stuff and somebody grabbed it before he got to put it on the table. This guy's wares were exceptional....I hesitated at picking them up because I didn't have my cotton gloves....didn't want to leave oil from my hand on these guns...they were that nice.

This year's show was smaller than last, not much in the way of a crowd, but I was real early. I only found three I neede, hence no $ brought. Okay condition SKS with scope and bi-pod mounted to chrome barrel....long barrel. Guy mentioned match rifle....uhmm, $495. Tempted, but moved on.....smiled at the AR priced at $1800. Just smiled and moved on. Several WWII items.

One in particular caught my eye, tucked up in the corner of the stage....almost, almost pulled the trigger, pardon-the-pun. Nice package.

As usual, talked and talked, business cards in hand and a few phone numbers in my pocket.....conforming to the wife's wishes and no purchase today....see how that works, today, underlined I bought nuthin'.......numbers tucked away, and the conversation has me at a coupla long bows, a crossbow and a nail driver....next weekend, she didn't say anything about next weekend right?

I enjoy the show. Small, but I enjoy....chit-chatted and saw a few old friends.....even talked sportie cars....coupla of 'em hadn't seen me in awhile....nope no more racy cars....into cickles now.

Saw a coupla Dirty Harry's, smiled as I thought of the movie....yeah, Punk, make my day.

Plan on it for next year.....