winter activities for OR

Hoblick

NEO people need to get together a couple times per month at Ray's mountain bike park and get our fat asses in shape.

do they have stuff that would be beginner-friendly?  I would buy a bike for this.  Nothing crazy, but something decent.

This sounds awesome. I used to have a little yami Enduro 60 that me an the neighborhood buds would pull sleds with in a field. That thing was awesome for a 4 stroke 60cc.

Don't have any such winter toys though :(

My jeep would be fun in the snow, maybe a little much for the occasion though. I'm in on this, will contribute what I can.

do they have stuff that would be beginner-friendly? I would buy a bike for this. Nothing crazy, but something decent.

They have plenty of beginners stuff its mostly MTB but they have stuff for bmx too. I do mostly MTB but I might pickup a bmx off Craigslist in another month if I can commit to going a few times a month.

This sounds awesome. I used to have a little yami Enduro 60 that me an the neighborhood buds would pull sleds with in a field. That thing was awesome for a 4 stroke 60cc.

Don't have any such winter toys though :(

My jeep would be fun in the snow, maybe a little much for the occasion though. I'm in on this, will contribute what I can.

my canal maverick is 101hp, more than enough to pull sleds around at a decent pace =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the status is on Buckeye Lake. I am itching to try out the cold cutters.

Frozen on some parts... Might be able to go out from mud island... Haven't scoped it out myself, this is from a friend of mine

Does anyone know what the status is on Buckeye Lake. I am itching to try out the cold cutters.

I heard the other day 7" of ice....If the weather holds i would be down to get the Raptor out this Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

right, but who started it?  who sets up the course, decides when the ice is thick enough, gets permission (is that even necessary?) to be on the lake, etc?

It's a state park. As long as you have your park sticker you have permission. It's a frozen lake make your course however you want. Or ride where you can see others have. Park service lists the thickness.

It's not organized. You just show up.

Several will be there Saturday

How was it last weekend? Did I miss much? I almost went out on Sunday but I did not want to drive that far if there was not going to be anyone there.