Who believes in ghosts?

gsxkat1100

So my awesome neighbor Got me two tickets to an overnight ghost hunt at a haunted theater. I was just wondering who has any interest/fascination in this as I do.

Link to lock in

http://meetaghost.com/

Sounds like a ton of fun, and if the wife doesn't chicken-shit out, will be quality time with her.

That would be awesome. I definitely believe for I have seen unexplainable things with my own eyes.The house I grew up in in upstate NY was haunted. Not Amityville demon haunted, but haunted like we would see things, we'd hear unexplained sounds. Things would get moved when no one else was home, etc. I have a ton of stories. No one ever really felt comfortable in the house alone and being a young kid at the time, I wasn't home alone much thankfully.

We had a ghost. When I first moved into my wifes house we would hear noises for no reason. Would see. Quick flashes of light go up and down the stairs. Security system would freak out for no reason.

All that stopped when we got our cat.

Then we got our second cat and she would play with the ghost. She would chase things we couldn't see. Shed smell the air constantly. Her ears would park up and shed take off running.

Then our daughter was born and after 2 nights in our room she went to the nursery and our boy cat sat outside her door every night for a little less than 2 months.

She started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old. And about that time one night our boy cat was freaking out. It sounded like a Wes craven movie. After that night noore ghost for almost a year now.

Then we got our second cat and she would play with the ghost. She would chase things we couldn't see. Shed smell the air constantly. Her ears would park up and shed take off running.

Then our daughter was born and after 2 nights in our room she went to the nursery and our boy cat sat outside her door every night for a little less than 2 months.

She started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old. And about that time one night our boy cat was freaking out. It sounded like a Wes craven movie. After that night noore ghost for almost a year now.

Cats battle invisible enemies all the time, I wouldn't call it proof of ghosts.

• Upvote 1

I saw a woman in the house when about 18. Middle of the night, woke up to see her standing there. I froze, she froze. Really weird. Lasted long enough that it wasn't a dream or imagination. I think I counted to 60. Looked like some one from a previous century. No moving or fading away, just suddenly...gone. Gone when I tried to speak.

Really rather cool, all things considering...

edit: yeah, and somebody fell down the stairs one night. Nothing to see, move along...

Edited by ReconRat

My brother and I took a daytime tour through Mansfield penitentiary maybe 15 years ago, while going past the solitary area, we held back from the group.

The cell that was used in shawshank was right where we slowed down, so we took a look. My brother walked toward the back of the room as I was walking through the doorway. Once I was clear of the doorway, it shut. I didn't fucking touch it.

It took the employees almost an damn hour to figure out how to unlock the door. Creepy as fuck. I offered to pay for an overnight hunt for him, but he "politely" declined. I laughed my ass off the whole time.

That would be awesome. I definitely believe for I have seen unexplainable things with my own eyes.The house I grew up in in upstate NY was haunted. Not Amityville demon haunted, but haunted like we would see things, we'd hear unexplained sounds. Things would get moved when no one else was home, etc. I have a ton of stories. No one ever really felt comfortable in the house alone and being a young kid at the time, I wasn't home alone much thankfully.

Same here. I'll gladly tell the stories over a couple of beers, preferably around a fire. I have no doubt there's an afterlife.

When my maternal grandfather died when I was a baby my mother had a dream that he fulfilled his promise to phone her from heaven.  She thought it was a dream until her mother asked he who she was talking to on the phone at 3am.  She claims that he made a promise to always look after her children.

20 years later a new friend visited us and as she was given a tour of the house she stopped in one of the rooms and asked who the old man in the corner of the room was.  Then she said  "He says he is the boys' grandfather and he is watching over them."

Now the first part happened before I was old enough to be aware, and my rational mind tell me it was most likely her sleepwalking and picking up the phone.

The second part, though, confuses me, as we had only known the lady a few days 20 years later and I had not shared the story with her.    Ghost?  Most likely not - strange coincidence, maybe she heard the story from another family member.  Maybe over time we has mis-remembered and/or embellished the story to a much more succinct and poignant event than actually happened.  

I *do* believe that it's possible that energy can be stored in ways we cannot envisage right now  (much like electricity in the middle ages) and that some of the events attributed to ghosts are examples of energy changing forms.  Maybe light or sound becomes stored in some kind of quantum bollocks and can be spontaneously converted back to light or sound.  Not saying this is absolutely true - but I am saying that humans don't know it all, and we have much to learn about this universe.

1st time I was asleep in bed and I feel the comforter slowly being pulled off me. Woke up pissed off and pulled it back up, no one there.

2nd time, while sleeping, I thought I woke up from a dream and then heard something tapping, scratching, scampering frantically outside of the house, the sounds went around to all four corners of the house really fast, like trying to get in, then I heard it on the wall next to me as if climbing the wall, then it felt as if my soul was slowly being pulled out of my body as if someone had a hold of my ankles at the end of the bed but I didn't feel anything around my ankles. THEN I woke the f*ck up.

It's all in your head.   

Are you people fucking kidding me?!? Ghosts?

This.

While an eye witness may be the strongest evidence in court, it's the weakest evidence in science. As soon as you see something, your brain begins to manipulate the memory and every time you recall it, it's a little different...a little more what you want it to be, or what you don't want it to be.

This.

While an eye witness may be the strongest evidence in court, it's the weakest evidence in science. As soon as you see something, your brain begins to manipulate the memory and every time you recall it, it's a little different...a little more what you want it to be, or what you don't want it to be.

In addition, your senses are easily manipulated, and your brain will take incomplete data and just use imagination to fill in the rest. Ghosts, goblins, zombies, demons, angels, gods, and goddesses are wholesale fictional creatures.

It's a hard thing to believe until you've experienced it. When things start moving on their own or you hear incredible noises with no explanation, it becomes harder to chalk up to imagination.

When I was about 12, my dad and I were dismantling the duct work from our wood stove for cleaning in the basement. We carefully laid out each piece in order so we knew how to reassemble it. We were the only ones home and we lived out in the country with about 4 acres of land. We quit for lunch, went upstairs and as we were making sandwiches, we heard this awful racket in the basement like someone was walking through, kicking all of the ductwork pieces. This went on for about 10-15 seconds. We froze for a few seconds, listening and then rush downstairs to see what was going on. When we opened the basement door, the noise quit and not a single piece was out of place. We couldn't explain it at all. We had only a dog at the time and he was outdoors. This is one of the many things that happened in the house...most were weird like the above and a few were creepy as hell.

It's a hard thing to believe until you've experienced it. When things start moving on their own or you hear incredible noises with no explanation, it becomes harder to chalk up to imagination.

When I was about 12, my dad and I were dismantling the duct work from our wood stove for cleaning in the basement. We carefully laid out each piece in order so we knew how to reassemble it. We were the only ones home and we lived out in the country with about 4 acres of land. We quit for lunch, went upstairs and as we were making sandwiches, we heard this awful racket in the basement like someone was walking through, kicking all of the ductwork pieces. This went on for about 10-15 seconds. We froze for a few seconds, listening and then rush downstairs to see what was going on. When we opened the basement door, the noise quit and not a single piece was out of place. We couldn't explain it at all. We had only a dog at the time and he was outdoors. This is one of the many things that happened in the house...most were weird like the above and a few were creepy as hell.

The obvious explanation is you had had a small creature in the house that you weren't aware of.  It was probably in the duct work that you took apart.  This is even far more likely out in the country on land...and you were 12.

Edited by Tpoppa

I have experienced strange things before....a friend lived in a house he swore was haunted, to the point that he put a baby monitor in the basement so I could listen to the ghosts....and we did hear things on it...but we were also coked out of our minds the entire time...so what we likely heard was the floor creaking... but at the time we were convinced it was ghosts.

All night last night, I heard things scratching at the floor underneath me...I would hear it in one spot, then it would move to another spot... back and forth and back and forth... I swore whatever it was... it was going to get me...

Then when I sobered up, I came to realize that landlord hasn't covered the crawlspace entrance for days...

#Anti-climatic 

My brother once thought my old house was haunted because "a bunch of stuff " was turning on and off.

"A bunch of stuff" turned out to be the TV, which was on a timer when I was out of town.   

Edited by Tpoppa

The obvious explanation is you had had a small creature in the house that you weren't aware of.  It was probably in the duct work that you took apart.  This is even far more likely out in the country on land...and you were 12.

Nothing was moved and a small animal could not have made the sounds we heard. It was unbelievably loud. Yes, I was 12...my dad was not and observed the same. Great that you are skeptical...no amount of convincing from me is going to change your mind. I'd be skeptical too if I hadn't experience it along with numerous other things that are too long to get into on here,