Proud as heck

Upgraded at work a few months back:

une2azys.jpg

Snap-on epiq 60 w/ power-top, work station, and side locker. Custom built for me :)

It feels good to go into work and see that thing sitting there. Like I did more than pay for it, I earned it.

Just thought I'd share, thanks for reading

Sure you can borrow some, just leave me your first born for a deposit!

I made my work re-arrange the wall. They had to relocate the bolted in bench, to accommodate for me, lol!

It's a little over 90" wide total.

Very nice, Aaron. One of those drawers is a

pizza dispenser, isn't it?

Lol! If it dispense Mountain Dew and clif bars at about 7:45 am everyday, I'd be set!

Pimp setup for sure!

Are you a Garage Journal member as well? Open it up and show us what's inside!

No, I'm not on there. Haven't heard of it.

There's some tools inside. A couple.

This is one of my smallest drawers, in the kart. It's also one of my favorite:

hy8a5umu.jpg

It's about 14" x 18" and worth about $3000.00

It's amazing how little amount tools you get from snap-on with $3000.00

I was a Snap Om tool whore for many years but this past spring I went on a big cleaning spree of my garage and decided I wanted new hand tools as well. I went Wright Tool, made locally here in Barberton Ohio, they cater mostly to industrial types but many places here in the NE part of the state stock their stuff. I had a bunch od Snap On SAE stuff I know I would never use again so selling it was a easy decision, the good thing about Snap On tools is they hold their value better then any other tool maker. For what I sold my used Snap On stuff for I was able to replace it with brand new Wright and still keep money in my pocket. 

My Socket/Ratchet drawer. 

DSC00011.JPG

Edited by fox_racing_guy

The garage journal is just another forum about garages, tools, and projects. Good place for ideas or discussing your projects and tool questions. Some of them guys are real serious though, have their own airplane hangers and stuff.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

Edited by fox_racing_guy

I was a Snap Om tool whore for many years but this past spring I went on a big cleaning spree of my garage and decided I wanted new hand tools as well. I went Wright Tool, made locally here in Barberton Ohio, they cater mostly to industrial types but many places here in the NE part of the state stock their stuff. I had a bunch od Snap On SAE stuff I know I would never use again so selling it was a easy decision, the good thing about Snap On tools is they hold their value better then any other tool maker. For what I sold my used Snap On stuff for I was able to replace it with brand new Wright and still keep money in my pocket.

My Socket/Ratchet drawer.

DSC00011.JPG

We sell Wright at my work. Excellent tools. They have one up on snap on too...100% domestically produced using only American steel. Only stuff we ever get back is due to abuse or 30 years old...we warranty everything. Also they are family owned. Edited by RCBS

3.504, now that's a tool box, you should be proud. A friend of mine had a pretty good size collection of Mac and Snap-On but traded into Matco.

fox_racing_guy, being from Midvale was your Snap-On collection from Doug P. ?

No, all of my Snap On purchases were from Kurt Cargill out of Wadsworth from when I lived in Canton. Kurt has one of the largest outfits in Ohio and he would stop directly at my house. I did talk to a Snap On guy from Tusc Co and he wasn't to interested  in stopping at my house and when I did contact him he never had anything in stock that I wanted/needed. I don't remember the guys name though.

My office is in Barberton so it's pretty easy to meet up with Kurt still if I need anything and he has a large truck so most things are always on hand. Wright tool is right around the corner from my office so if I need service from them it's a quick phone call then drive over for a direct replacement. So far since May I have only had to exchange 1 10mm hex bit that was missing the engraving.

For anyone that is a fan of Flank Drive + you might try Wright Grip wrenches that feature the same serrations on the open end, they are a little shorter then the Snap On's but you get more wrenches in a set for about 1/3rd of the cost.

DSC00017.JPG  

Edited by fox_racing_guy

omg the aligned tools ease my ocd like none other. thats awesome. I've been needing a good sized box for years, but it's hard when i CAN still squeeze everything into the one little 2 drawer one, it's just inconvenient as hell...

Then again, i'm only a home garage tinkerer...so no need.

Congrats on the awesome kit, love that you've got a bike vid running on the laptop too. :)

Congrats, I know what that box cost and you must've worked hard for it.  We use the same box with another locker on the left, both lined with ball bearing drawers for our race setup.  Thing weighs a metric sh*t ton but it also doesn't help we have 2-4 of every tool, along with all our power tools loaded in it too.

That's so awesome and such a great reward for hard work!

Thanks everyone!

Got a new addition to the collection today:

1/4 drive chrome metric flex socket set:

udusa8aj.jpg

'Ol snappy suckered me into this set. Retails for $475, he knocked them down to $275 and gave me a pen light.

I'm still a sucker.

I've been a tool maker for the past 30 years, here's my solid oak toolmakers chest, full of precision toolmaking tools.

276529D6-CB4B-43E6-B9FF-C6F42D1E9A9E.jpg

Just curious... Who makes a tool maker's tools?

That's like a chicken/egg riddle. It's hurting my head.

But seriously: that's a cool box. I like old tools. I worked next to a guy that was retirement age 10 years ago. He had some wooden snap on tools that were pretty cool. He had a sweet tool collection as well.