Slow flushing toilet...

Casper

One of my toilets isn't flushing correctly. The drain pipe is not clogged. It appears to be the main flush jet (the smaller hole in the bottom of the bowl adjacent to the drain hole). I've tried liquid plumber. I've tried scraping with a coat hanger (doesn't seem like anything is up there). Any suggestion? Can I pour liquid plumber in the overflow tube? Maybe CLR? Any plumbers want to come over and school me on toilets?

Check to see if your tank is filling completely and your flapper is opening all the way. Next would be the holes up inside the rim, they can clog with mildew and mineral deposits and are usually responsible for a slow flushing shitter.

Tank fills and everything seems to operate normally. Problem appears to be low pressure out of the jet in the bottom of the bowl. I read somewhere that you can drain the bowl and tank, duct tape all of the jets around the rim and in the bowl, pour a vinegar solution in the overflow, and let it sit. Ever try that? We have hard water, so it's probably mineral deposits. I have to descale my coffee maker often.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxezoeTLHto

I just had to post this. This guy is a work of art. He pretty much nailed what to do though. You don't have to remove the tank unless you have his type. You can just pour the miratic acid into your overflow tube. Vinegar or CLR is prolly gonna be a waste of time if it is that plugged.

Just replace those "builder grade" toilets with good ones. They don't install the top-of-the-line toilets when they build those houses. I'm replacing both of mine probably this week.

We have three of this toilet: http://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-Cimarron-Comfort-Height-2-piece-1-28-GPF-Round-Toilet-with-AquaPiston-Flush-Technology-in-White-K-3887-0/203075182

Is that not a good toilet?

Q-tips and tampons.  Or a tree in your front yard invading the sewer lines.   Or just bad karma.  

I ain't no plummer', ya see, but slow flushin' with a properly funkshuning toylett means the water can't get to the street line fast enough.  If'n it ain't tampons and qtips, mus b a tree.

Q-tips and tampons. Or a tree in your front yard invading the sewer lines. Or just bad karma.

I ain't no plummer', ya see, but slow flushin' with a properly funkshuning toylett means the water can't get to the street line fast enough. If'n it ain't tampons and qtips, mus b a tree.

Possible. Easy way to test: fill 5 gal bucket and dump it into terlette. If it flushes properly the drains are not the issue.

You got the tall boy and not the elongated bowl?  Your house is not fat person friendly!  :lol:  

My brother in law (6'4" or so, over 350 lbs) often makes a point to tell us that he approves of our toilet, probably in attempt to get my sister to let him buy one for their house!

I figured that. Find a large bottle brush...you may have to hit a local home brew shop. Should have flexible braided metal handle. Jam it up the main jet from the bowl side and see if you pull out some nasty.

Bottle brush. Great idea. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.