Anyone play Ingress?

Casper

Submit your own portals. Churches, landmarks, fire stations, and town signs are the easiest to get. Once you get rolling shit gets addicting. Excellent game for just being out and about on your bike.

You should check the Ingress website map there are more portals than your phone shows by a long shot.

Wife and I have turned our village into a nice little farm.

Damn need to get out and play again now.

Submit your own portals. Churches, landmarks, fire stations, and town signs are the easiest to get. Once you get rolling shit gets addicting. Excellent game for just being out and about on your bike.

You should check the Ingress website map there are more portals than your phone shows by a long shot.

Wife and I have turned our village into a nice little farm.

Damn need to get out and play again now.

Specifically not fire stations. That's in the rules. Nor schools.

Specifically not fire stations. That's in the rules. Nor schools.

They have firehouses all over the game. Schools are definatly a no go we tried. But some stadiums and playgrounds make it. Historical markers make it in

I know Ingress had changed quite a bit in the last year I just don't spend a lot of time playing any more.

They have firehouses all over the game. Schools are definatly a no go we tried. But some stadiums and playgrounds make it. Historical markers make it in

I know Ingress had changed quite a bit in the last year I just don't spend a lot of time playing any more.

Interesting, the rules specifically say they'll reject firehouses because they don't want people hanging around them and possibly be in the way. 

Interesting, the rules specifically say they'll reject firehouses because they don't want people hanging around them and possibly be in the way.

Fire departments were among the first portals Google auto loaded when this game was in beta. They've probably thought better of it since the game is building in popularity.

Screenshot_2014-11-07-13-00-21_zpshxa66a

Edited by magley64

I play... we have a few of us here at work that play on the resistance team...

Ok figured out how to submit and I looked at the map on the web site. There are a lot of portals near me that are on the map but don't show up on my scanner...what to do?

The scanner map is limited in range, where as the intel map allows a broader range search... could be that the "close to you" is outside the range of the scanner map.

No I mean I looked up a portal that was on the Intel map, then drove there and it wasn't on the scanner. I was on top of it and it didn't show up.

Did the arrows come up showing where the portals are? Maybe the app needs updated? I haven't played since getting iPhone. Looks like I will have to install and start dominating Sidney...90210 again. I've been sitting at level 8, time to level that shit up. You'll be able to link down to here eventually. This game involves road trips too... We've met some cool people along the way.

No I mean I looked up a portal that was on the Intel map, then drove there and it wasn't on the scanner. I was on top of it and it didn't show up.

Sometimes you have to manually force a synch. Go to ops, device, then force synch. This happens if you have weak Internet signal.