Ar Pistol 7.5" build

owndjoo

Well, I've gotten the itch again... and thanks to some liquidation of vehicles I feel this is the time to build another rig...

Picked up an Anderson Manufacturing stripped lower and blackhawk grip last night. Will be building up a 7.5" pistol w/sig brace setup.  I've wanted one for a long time and the price is now right on pieces again.  I'll try to document some of the build over the next month or so.  Trying to wait until black Friday to pick up some DEALS.

ehhh, who knows when it'll actually be available, and how the ATF is going to look at it. I would presume they would give it the same judgement as the sig. but I'm not really interested in waiting til mid next year.

Why not just stamp it and make it an SBR, oh and add a Suppressor. :)

suppressor is def something i'm looking at.... however I will be building my own :crazy:

and with the sig brace it's close enough to the SBR without the paperwork and $$

Edited by owndjoo
  • Upvote 1

X2 on a can. ARs under 10" are just obnoxious without.

very true. I dont' have a problem with that though. I will definitely be getting a proper compensator to help with the concussion direction away from the shooter. I'm around all types of military weaponry all the time, so it really doesn't bother me if it's a little loud.  I always wear double hearing pro. haha

very true. I dont' have a problem with that though. I will definitely be getting a proper compensator to help with the concussion direction away from the shooter. I'm around all types of military weaponry all the time, so it really doesn't bother me if it's a little loud.  I always wear double hearing pro. haha

A buddy has one of the Noveske thunder pigs. Works pretty well for throwing most of the noise/blast downrange.

http://www.shopnoveske.com/products/kx3-flash-suppressor-1-2-28-for-5-56ar

• 3 months later...

well, I finished putting it all together this weekend and took it out.... loud is an uderstatement.... Was shooting 50gr frangible and it keyholed 80% of the rounds. 1/9 twist barrel.  I'm hoping using some 62gr green tip will help, but I have to go outside for that... haha.  Gotta say, insanely fun to shoot.  I think I was pissing off everyone at AimHi on Sunday though... boomer for sure.

well, I finished putting it all together this weekend and took it out.... loud is an uderstatement.... Was shooting 50gr frangible and it keyholed 80% of the rounds. 1/9 twist barrel.  I'm hoping using some 62gr green tip will help, but I have to go outside for that... haha.  Gotta say, insanely fun to shoot.  I think I was pissing off everyone at AimHi on Sunday though... boomer for sure.

Cant wait to get the 10.5 pistol I just built out and run it.  I was thinking of doing a 7.5 next but may just go 10.5 .300 which was my plan before the reversed the green tip ban thinking.  Dunno, but I do know Wally had tons of .223 cheap so may stick with 5.56/.223 instead of the .300 and just go for the 7.5 instead.

I have a 10.5 sbr with a suppressor. Loud without but with it on you can shoot all day with no ear protection

yeaaaa... Even with some real nice electronic muffs.... my right ear is still ringing today. forgot to double up... lol. I won't be making that mistake again!  I've just got to figure out this tumbling issue... 

it's the standard pistol kit from radical firearms. was a little tight getting it in.  Looks like the extractor o-ring mod may be needed.

Thats what my builds upper is, had the same issue with rear take down pin being uber tight.  Did it loosen up after throwing some rounds down?

My friend built a 300 from parts and said he had the same issue and his upper was not a Radical.

BTW did you see they are running 10.5 pistols right now for 525, which is seriously good for a full pistol built.  Add 15 for FFL and its only 25.00 more than I spent on my super budget build.

Suppressors..........

MT, just saw that silencerco actually has some for 5.56 that even I can afford, less than 800 with tax stamp.  Figure if I went that route with 2 quick detaches(1 for full size, 1 for pistol), tax stamp, and NFA trust, plus transfer fees, could be under 1K total with a can that works for both guns.  Is that legal or nada?  I feel like if theres a quick detach setup it should be legal, but not sure it is.  I haven't looked into it, figure you'd answer before I got home tonight to look it up online.  Work doesn't like me looking up cans ;)

Does that sound possible?