Help w/Personal Finance Options

2talltim

And now i have to put a new roof on the house, all this damn wind today has blown up A LOT of shingles. And im sure the insurance wont cover all of it. To be continued.

glad you didn't take out a loan on your 401k. 

I guess my first post was really spot on

No question about it, option one. ALWAYS pay off those debts that are costing you interest starting with the highest interest debt. The 401k is paying YOU the interest and even though it's not the 12% the stock market is up (based on the S&P 500), it's still not going to a third party.

Don't know if you know or took into consideration building costs and off season discounts that contractors give just to keep money coming in during the winter but if you expect to spend 14 on that garage in June, it could get done for 10-11 in December

That is a December price, my dad is having his built by some Amish up the road and they start here in a couple weeks. I'm hoping they give me a good price on my roof since they will already have all their tools here (dad lives next door).