STT @ Mid-ohio

nochknstrps

• 5 weeks later...

no membership required for mid-ohio trackdays, some of the other tracks do require one though. just select the day and the group you want to ride in, pay, show up at the registration garage on the day of the event they will ask for your name make you sign papers get teched and then if you are in novice, just be where they tell you to be and they will help you out with any questions or concerns. stt does an amazing job at running a trackday you will not be dissapointed.

^ so even if i go through midohio not through STT i will still get an STT trackday?

is this like a loophole or something so i dont have to pay the membership fee at STT???

STT is the sole provider for motorcycle track days at Mid-Ohio. Even promoter practices.

All the info above is the correct way to get signed up. Due to increase in costs for the track rentals, the membership portion is waved. Plus Mid-O wants to run it through their site...

You sign up for a PERFORMANCE track event and it'll be an STT event. Guarantee...;)

intermediate does not require safety wiring for STT - only advanced.

Intermediate DOES require a back protector, and you cannot be running glycol-based coolant. Run water-wetter.

We "encourage" "I" riders to safety wire... It only makes sense anyways being on the track and all, but yes, it isn't "required". Yet...

...and you cannot be running glycol-based coolant. Run water-wetter.

well, you cant use Ethylene Glycol based antifreeze. you can use Propylene Glycol based antifreeze. which is the low tox variety you can find at any parts store (with pic of a puppy and kitten on the front). you dont have to buy anything specially made for racing, its exactly the same.

well, you cant use Ethylene Glycol based antifreeze. you can use Propylene Glycol based antifreeze. which is the low tox variety you can find at any parts store (with pic of a puppy and kitten on the front). you dont have to buy anything specially made for racing, its exactly the same.

Taken from STT.

Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED.

Taken from STT.

Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED.

Although STT allows these products like Evans, LP, etc., they are NOT approved for racing. Meaning, I feel they shouldn't be allowed on ANY track, but since this is a street based group we typically get, we allow it.

I suggest Water Wetter or (my personal choice) Maxima's Kool-Aide.

Both are legal everywhere and are MUCH more easily cleaned up than the above mentioned ones...

water wetter for sure. and your bike will run cooler bc of it too..

Just dont forget to change it back to coolant in the winter or drain it completely while it sits over winter or else you risk freezing and messing up your motor.

hey Lizard - I'd like to see a safety wiring requirement as well. for all groups. maybe you get a free pass your first track-day, but after that, wiring is required for at least the drain plug, filter, and filler-cap.

I just picked up one of these to make the job easier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAFETY-WIRE-BLOCK-JIG-METRIC-RACING-MOTOCROSS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ34284QQihZ002QQitemZ120259839763QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

hey Lizard - I'd like to see a safety wiring requirement as well. for all groups. maybe you get a free pass your first track-day, but after that, wiring is required for at least the drain plug, filter, and filler-cap.

I just picked up one of these to make the job easier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAFETY-WIRE-BLOCK-JIG-METRIC-RACING-MOTOCROSS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ34284QQihZ002QQitemZ120259839763QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Great tool! As far as the groups go, I think Novice still needs to be as easy of a transition as possible. Reason being that novices are typically first timers and if they need to do a TON of prep, the chances of them doing it and getting to the track becomes less.

It's hard enough to convince guys to try the track let alone convincing them and then telling them they need to do all these extras...

Hey Lizard for the Twilights do we pit on Cold Pit?

If so is the power free again? I will be putting the bike in the back of the Ranger for this one since we need to get our trailer in to be fixed since we got rear ended in April.

Hey Lizard for the Twilights do we pit on Cold Pit?

If so is the power free again? I will be putting the bike in the back of the Ranger for this one since we need to get our trailer in to be fixed since we got rear ended in April.

If you're talking the next event on June 2nd... It isn't a Twilight...

As far as Twilights go, yes, you will probably be able to pit on cold pit. Power is always available there, I think. It is up closer to the pit out area where we usually are...

If you're talking the next event on June 2nd... It isn't a Twilight...

As far as Twilights go, yes, you will probably be able to pit on cold pit. Power is always available there, I think. It is up closer to the pit out area where we usually are...

Nah I am signed up for the June 14th twilight.

Depending on this weekend may be my my last track experience.

Hmmmm... I may just have to grab me one of those.

Taken from STT.

yeah, i've read that, thanks.

my point is that there is no such product (poly glycol) that i could find. its propylene glycol, that is a typo that should be fixed. the brands listed are just specialty products and may only contain more lubricating properties or pretty colors. its the same as the low tox, the main ingredient being propylene glycol. although, i'm not sure if its easier to clean up or just safer for the environment.

as far as using water wetter, i doesnt make any difference if your engine runs a couple of degrees cooler. there is no benefit there to a stock engine which is designed to run at a specified temp range and, thus, contains the proper thermostat for that range. besides, none of my bikes have ever run any hotter than the minimum setting on the thermostat at the track. some people even run without fans.....

just trying to save those interested a few dollars, the hassle of changing fluid every fall and trying to locate/having to order the special racing stuff. its just a waste of money......but, dowhatchalike folks.