Road Atlanta & VIR 4/4/15 - 4/6/15

RHill

Great save at VIR Ryan. 

RA was a blast, so fast and mucho wheelies. Borello worked with me for two sessions and got me into the 1:43s on a shot rear tire, I think I could have gotten into the 1:40 range with a new tire since drive is so important there. Was crazy going wide open in 6th gear and getting passed by liter bikes like you are standing still.

I didnt run a timer at VIR because I just wanted to go have fun. But looked like 1:39-1:40 were the times there. 

You got me on the 7th gear....I tend to do that a lot.

Flip to the 9:30 mark of the VIR video...

John Road Atlanta is like the back straight at Mid-O....except uphill instead of down...add my terrible exits of T7 and I felt like I was parked as they came past.

From Saturday....Ron gave me the one finger wave by on the back straight, so I had to oblige.  Be sure to check out 6:30 if you want to see the scariest moment of the weekend...even worse than the almost highside at VIR.

That was the first try for a bump to advanced....knew my lines weren't perfect and was really having issues with T7, but the only thing the instructor critiqued (even after running the curb in T7) was my body position.  "you are not getting over far enough, making the bike use 100% of it's lean angle"...then went on to emulating Marquez.  

I was dumbfounded; at a loss for words, I questioned if he was even watching the right guy, but didn't say it outloud....just sat there and took it while Ron listened laughing to himself.  

After the conversation ended, it started to eat at me....did I forget how to get off the bike?  The leathers were a little snug, and I gained a few lbs over the winter....maybe that was holding me up?  Joked about it that night, but it seriously bothered me.  Then come home to see the photos, and once again question if he was even referring to the right rider.

http://www.highsidephoto.com/p927007001/h418A5611#h418a5611

The rider on the left slowed up big time as well....thought I was going to have to split the two, so I had to cut it extremely close to the guy who had the mechanical or whatever.

I'm not trimming the end off this one because it is too funny.

Come in to see Dan had removed his air vest....

Me: "Your not quitting"

Dan: "What?"

Me: "Your going out again"

Dan: "When?"

Me: "Next session"

Then he rides 

My favorite lap of the weekend.

You are welcome.

I had so much fun this passed weekend it should have been illegal. The tracks were just outright awesome and I had a blast riding with Dan and Ryan. However once again (and to be expected) my plan to get Ryan and Dan drunk and gain a competitive edge on Sunday backfired. After a fifth of Capt and two bottles of moonshine I was pretty much worthless the entire morning session on Sunday. I did manage to get my shit together for the bump from I to A Sunday afternoon which I really needed after my less than encouraging conversation with the CR from Ryan and I first attempt for the bump on Saturday. Basically he managed to get in my head.....bad and I began to question body position lines etc. From what I understand from Dan and Ryan I was pretty entertaining Saturday evening. Dan and Ryan road their asses off at RA. VIR was a difficult track to learn but I ended up getting it down towards the end of the day. I had a similar "o shit" moment in T7 and I called it a day after that. Needless to say I am done drinking for the rest of the season as is the CR I rode down with that didn't fair as well as I did on Sunday????

I'm not trimming the end off this one because it is too funny.

Come in to see Dan had removed his air vest....

Me: "Your not quitting"

Dan: "What?"

Me: "Your going out again"

Dan: "When?"

Me: "Next session"

Then he rides 

You are welcome.

In my defense I just didnt want to scratch the new paint job on the first weekend out.

Its ON now.  

I had so much fun this passed weekend it should have been illegal. The tracks were just outright awesome and I had a blast riding with Dan and Ryan. However once again (and to be expected) my plan to get Ryan and Dan drunk and gain a competitive edge on Sunday backfired. After a fifth of Capt and two bottles of moonshine I was pretty much worthless the entire morning session on Sunday. I did manage to get my shit together for the bump from I to A Sunday afternoon which I really needed after my less than encouraging conversation with the CR from Ryan and I first attempt for the bump on Saturday. Basically he managed to get in my head.....bad and I began to question body position lines etc. From what I understand from Dan and Ryan I was pretty entertaining Saturday evening. Dan and Ryan road their asses off at RA. VIR was a difficult track to learn but I ended up getting it down towards the end of the day. I had a similar "o shit" moment in T7 and I called it a day after that. Needless to say I am done drinking for the rest of the season as is the CR I rode down with that didn't fair as well as I did on Sunday

You were moving pretty well at the end of the day at VIR, Was a great start to the season and im looking forward to the next weekend.