A year goes quick anymore........

Fonzie

Hate to make this my first thread on here with you folks, but my posting privileges finally kicked in tonight, and it just so happens to coincide with the night of my buddy's accident last year. Dumbass pizza guy made left hand turn, cutting him off, & bike vs. truck rarely ends up good.

So here's to you Jeff.......Gone but NEVER forgotten! You ARE missed!

fallenrider2.jpg

Hate to make this my first thread on here with you folks, but my posting privileges finally kicked in tonight, and it just so happens to coincide with the night of my buddy's accident last year. Dumbass pizza guy made left hand turn, cutting him off, & bike vs. truck rarely ends up good.

So here's to you Jeff.......Gone but NEVER forgotten! You ARE missed!

fallenrider2.jpg

what happened legally to the pizza guy?

what happened legally to the pizza guy?

He was supposedly arrested, and the family was gonna go after him, but they're in FLA, and I haven't heard from them lately what's going on. Need to see if I can look anything up myself from the info in the obit.

Saddest part about the whole situation was his 6 year old son had already lost his mother 2 years earlier.....almost to the day :(

Ran up to Toledo tonight to visit his accident scene, as there's no gravesite to go to. Had found a little toy replica of his green Ninja ZX12 that I wanted to leave for him also, as well as pick up the wreath we laid at Christmas.

Nice surprise as I pulled up to the corner.......Looked like someone beat me out there today. His ex-girlfriend had started a bit of a shrine last year at the corner stop sign, but as I've gone back since then, it appeared I was the ONLY one going back. Nothing new had been placed since the initial stuff immediately after the accident, thus the reason I wanted to make sure I got up there today, as I assumed the same would be true.

Gotta assume it was his ex again, as his immediate family is down in FLA.......Made up a nice picture board with some shots of Jeff I'd not seen.....several with his son, along with one of her & him, & a lot of silk flowers. While I was placing the bike in with the rest, the neighbor from the corner house came out to put a flower pot down as well. She's the one who ran out to Jeff while he was lying there, so he wouldn't be by himself. First I've gotten to meet & talk with her, and thank her for her compassion & staying with my friend so he didn't have to die alone

Anyways, May seem kinda morbid, but here's a pic of the "shrine". Didn't come out the greatest, as it was dusk with my cell camera.............

gallery_2253_10_81722.jpg

One pitcher down.......Decidin' on whether to make up another

• 11 months later...

Bump for my Brutha'......

Can't believe it's been 2 years already!! Seems like a couple months.....Maaaybe....since I've talked to you down.gif

Think about you pretty much every day! We've done some really cool stuff since you've been gone. Wish you were still here, even though I know I'da had to've drug your stubborn ass along. Havin' some drinks in your honor while I move this stuff over to the new site for 'ya

• 11 months later...