Midohio

rusty

I've used two of my gift certs so far and have had no issue. 

Yesterday was a blast for me. First time in intermediate; i got the go ahead on the 6/2 day to make the jump. I was slightly hesitant going into the first session but once i got out there, everything fell into place. I would say i was running in the middle of the pack.

End of last year i was barely breaking 2:00. Yesterday i ran a 1:50.0 as a best. I could probably have been in the 40's but i caught someone in the carousel. 

Already planning on making the 7/6 date. Hopefully will have my new plastic on by then. I didn't like how my paint scheme came out so i'm working on round 2. All that's left is to clear the tank and put it on. 

Scheduled vacation days for 7/6 & 7/20. Haven't been in a couple years. Deciding whether to ride intermediate or novice. I really hate the regimentation of novice. I ran mid-pack in intermediate last time I was out (1:50 laps in traffic) until some dick stuck his knee into a puddle & took 5 of us down with the spray. Can I get some decent coaching if I put a blue tape X on the back of my helmet in intermediate?

welded on a bracket while the tank was half full with the cap off ...

Sticky mount on the tank with a safety wire ran to one of the fuel cap screws.  It is positioned just in front of my chin when in full tuck

That is by far the most fun I have had all season.  Ran a personal best of 144:35 although as Ryan pointed out it was my first time there so all I really needed to do was complete one lap for it be my best. I won the track day in the fifth session (no trophy and they didn't let me do a parade lap with the checkered DAMMIT!).  Since I couldn't manage to keep Taft from passing me all day I thought it best to drop my frame slider off into the entrance to the keyhole, that slowed him down for a bit but he still ended up passing me anyway.  Sorry about that Todd I still don't know how it came off)  Ryan was a passing machine on Monday.  Saturday not so much, at PIRC supposedly he was messing with his lap timer on the back straight and that is how I managed to get around him.  I would like to think that is just my awesome riding skills but he is not going to give me that one :) 

^ just fucking with you, a 1:44 on your first day at Mid-O is moving.....probably because I did such a great job towing you around  :cool:  

Watching that frame slider appear, then bounce right beside Taft was CRAZY.  Actually, watch close at 7:07 and you can see it:

Speaking of Taft, 1:37's......damn.  I was getting a big head early in the day, passing you around the outside of the keyhole, then you had to go deflate my ego by topping my personal best by nearly 2 seconds.

and here is the 5th session as well...

RHill-

Whats that box you keep messing with on the bike?  Looks super sketchy - especially in traffic to be messing while trying to stay focused ahead?

Just wondering - not being critical... 

I don't think I saw much of anyone Sunday and Monday.  I didn't ride much Sunday - just 1-1/2 sessions to adjust rearsets and such.  Monday was better, but it wasn't until the last two sessions did I start figuring stuff out.  But next time, you guys should stop by and say hello!  I passed Taft a few times, but never saw him off track. 

Had a great time.  Hit my personal best, as well.  Looking forward to twilight July 5th!

http://youtu.be/_X7NRvzkrmQ

Copy and paste the actual hyperlink of the video in the browser, the "share" like doesn't always seem to work properly.  When it works, you should be able to preview the post and see the embedded video:

RHill-

Whats that box you keep messing with on the bike?  Looks super sketchy - especially in traffic to be messing while trying to stay focused ahead?

Just wondering - not being critical... 

I don't think I saw much of anyone Sunday and Monday.  I didn't ride much Sunday - just 1-1/2 sessions to adjust rearsets and such.  Monday was better, but it wasn't until the last two sessions did I start figuring stuff out.  But next time, you guys should stop by and say hello!  I passed Taft a few times, but never saw him off track. 

The box is a GPS laptimer.  

Super sketchy?  Keep messing with?  In traffic?  Assuming that I'm not focused ahead?.....nah not critical, exaggerated or fabricated at all. 

A few of us were pitted up top for Sunday and didn't really feel like loading up just to re-position for Monday.  

Copy and paste the actual hyperlink of the video in the browser, the "share" like doesn't always seem to work properly.  When it works, you should be able to preview the post and see the embedded video:

The box is a GPS laptimer.  

Super sketchy?  Keep messing with?  In traffic?  Assuming that I'm not focused ahead?.....nah not critical, exaggerated or fabricated at all. 

A few of us were pitted up top for Sunday and didn't really feel like loading up just to re-position for Monday.  

I didn't say you weren't focused...  No matter what you may feel, it is a distraction and there is a section of the one vid where there were three or so slower bikes on the straight while you were passing and pushing the button...  It only takes a millisecond...  Hence my sketchy comment. 

It also was pushed in Thunder Valley as well...  Seems to be a lot of work vs. something that could be tripped with a beam or something that could be activated by a button on the handlebar area...

Don't take things so seriously.  I was just asking...  Looks like you had fun.  See ya next time.

Can't blame the hardware, it would only require 1 button press on track to set the start/finish line for each track and a press of the enter button before going on track.  I just kept forgetting to turn the thing on before going out, or resetting it requiring a new start/finish.  

Safety should be taken seriously and I don't want it portrayed that I'm putting anyone at risk, especially for something as trivial as a lap timer during a track day.

It was a blast as usual.  Towed Taft around for a bit, then he showed me how slow I am by hitting 1:37's as I topped out at 39's and hit exhaustion status.  The track is amazing, but I'm hoping there is some discussion/thought of repairing the keyhole exit, it can be downright frightening.