Midohio

rusty

Bruce you are scaring the children.

Have you been able to train the dogs to get you beer yet?

You have met my dogs, do you think I've been able to train them?

I've got all the raw footage from my two unpaid amateur videographers - so excuse how shaky the videos are (frankly, some are just there for archive purposes as the footage is mainly unwatchable), I'm still in the process of uploading my raw onboard footage and the same clips with the Dashware overlays.

Everything will eventually reside in the Mid Ohio 2015/07/06 playlist here:  

If you ran the intermediate group -- there's a 95% certainty you're in ONE of the videos in there.

Brian (ludwb675) - A couple I know you're in:

• Shaky clip, but 1:25 on the front stretch: 
    (Chuck and Jim both appear briefly at the end)
  • Not so great footage, but I think I'm passing you under braking: 
  • Long way around the keyhole: 
  • Behind you in the esses: 
  • Behind you in the esses 2: 
    (All of us are in this clip)
  • You were putting more distance between me and you, but then...traffic: 
  • You and I heading out of T1: 
  • Into the esses off the backstretch (2:15, 4:10): 

I know I've got onboard footage of you too, I think it's in my 11AM, 3PM and 4PM sessions

Chuck (Chuck Clay) - Can't miss the sumo in these:

Arguably, Chuck is in ALL the videos because that sumo makes quite the sound.

Jim (jschaf) - yellow CBRs are also hard to miss:

I think I've got onboard footage of you too, I just don't know which sessions yet.

I also was able to grab footage from the June 2nd, 2015 trackday too if you want to take a look to see if any of the ORDN members that attended that trackday can find themselves in those clips: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3DKaZ-xouqwl7ZeBQhgQnJWXS90QpIm3

Edited by Trackbikez
  • Upvote 2

Planning on racing mon and tues. A superstock, A superbike and senior superbike.

I'm planning on it also. I'll probably run C ss and C sbk, and possibly B ss. I'm hoping to see the rain drop below 50% before I decide to go for sure though. 

I've got all the raw footage from my two unpaid amateur videographers - so excuse how shaky the videos are (frankly, some are just there for archive purposes as the footage is mainly unwatchable), I'm still in the process of uploading my raw onboard footage and the same clips with the Dashware overlays.

Awesome. Thanks for putting so much time and effort into it! 

I'm planning on it also. I'll probably run C ss and C sbk, and possibly B ss. I'm hoping to see the rain drop below 50% before I decide to go for sure though. 

Cool, I'm watching the weather also. I won't ride in the rain. :)

Thanks. Here is a video showing my oopsie.

https://youtu.be/PcOLkVjjrBM

Just a little note on that corner for ya to help next time.  You want to hug the grass on turn in going down the hill and let the bike drift out under maint throttle. Start picking up the throttle and bringing the bike bike aiming toward the late apex and try to stand the bike up over that bump.  You'll get a good bit more drive for the straight and get rid of the lean angle over the bump.  To make this work, you'll need to carry in a good bit of entry speed, to the point where you're actually knee down as you crest the hill going into the carousel.  You can link 13-14 to be almost like a chicane going knee to knee.

• Upvote 1

1:30 is where he's at the carousel.

This is pretty close to what I do. I may let it drift out a touch more midcorner.  Looks like this is about 1:32 lap for Jake, which is my personal best on the 600.

• Upvote 1

I know I've got onboard footage of you too, I think it's in my 11AM, 3PM and 4PM sessions

4PM session.  Here's almost 9 minutes of chasing Brian - then traffic hit us in the esses.

3PM session.  Nearly 3 minutes here chasing Brian - then passed braking into the esses.  Chuck comes by in the carousel around 5:45

2PM session.  Trying to get out of pit lane behind Chuck, but puts two bike between us and I never catch up again.  Found Brian at 16:00 and passed in the carousel.

Still uploading 1PM, 11AM, 10AM, and 9AM sessions -- I'll review those once they're done.

Also, if any of you 675R guys want to trade bikes for a session...  I'd entertain the idea :)

He just seems quicker because my engine is going out.... 

:jk: (even though it is).   It helps he has been doing less of this:  :shots:  the night before trackdays

• Upvote 1

Wasn't he the one to give Matt shit when he quit drinking?

Haha well Ron certainly didn't quit. He still drinks enough to kill a normal man, he just drinks less than his normal fifth of Captain and 10 beers. Sometimes. 

Lol you should have seen road atlanta...quarts of moonshine, fifths of captain, beer...and he was amazingly the first one up in the morning. Musky (N2 instructor) on the other hand, well he wasn't up so early.

Truth be told, I think a wider variety of tracks has helped push his limits....caught on QUICK to Mid-O.

Had Raceday have not have had a clap out engine he would have crushed any opportunity I had at passing him. I have learned that one must use a blitzkrieg approach with Ryan Dan and Brandon. I concur with Ryan's observation that running different tracks has helped immensely with improving my lap times. My only wish this season is to perform the " double stuff". On Craigy pooh but he is to busy riding his dirt bike to bring my dreams to fruition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Last post for the videos on 7/6 trackday.

11AM session - 9:30 of following Brian.

10AM session - Almost get to Jim at the 4:50 mark, but it takes until around 6:45 mark to really follow him until the 8:10 mark.

9AM session - Jim is around the 8:00 mark into the carousel

Again -- everything is in this playlist http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3DKaZ-xouqxl85fzyKjd84z9cfIWkEik

Dude that is rough. Out of curiousity, what boots did you have on and what do you think of their performance?

I had my back up Sidi Fusion Air boots on because I had drug through the toe slider on my nice A* boots. I'm not overly impressed.