Streamlight Microstream and warranty

chevysoldier

This isn't a shop or bike review but I thought I'd post this up here since there are some here that might appreciate the review.

I had a Microstream light which takes 1 AAA battery but quite bright for the size. I carry it everyday and it has gotten quite a bit of use over the past 5 or so years I have owned it. Well the tail cap switch ended up sticking on and I couldn't get it to turn off. So I sent it to Streamlight for warranty back in December. I did not have any proof of purchase. They received it Dec 31st  but wouldn't get to any repairs until Jan 5th because of the holidays, no big deal. I tracked progress on their site and on Jan 5th it was inspected and sent back to me covered under warranty 100%. On the 7th I got it back in the mail. They went ahead and replaced the light with a brand new one. The new design features a removable tail cap so you can pull off the rubber and clean it out, which I think will be handy since it collects pocket lint being in my pocket all the time. I have five Streamlight flashlights and they are all quality. This service from them has solidified my trust in the company and their product. They had a very fast turn around, covered it 100%, I only paid for shipping to the facility, replaced it with a newer design, asked for no proof of purchase and was easy dealing with the process on their site. I highly recommend their lights and if yours breaks, make sure you send it to them. I couldn't be happier.

IMAG1228.jpg

IMAG1229.jpg

I have many streamlights. Like them a lot. Only one failed from a battery leak. I even have the ultraviolet type that checks money, tracks blood trails, does forensics stuff. Fun to play with. Burn your eyeballs out....

I've had Streamlights since around the time that the OP got that one.  The one that I currently carry is a Pro-TAC.  It's a bit big, take 2 AA batteries, but has been just right for me.  LOT's of brakes have been checked with this light!   :lol:

Edited by jporter12

I've had Streamlights since around the time that the OP got that one. The one that I currently carry is a Pro-TAC. It's a bit big, take 2 AA batteries, but has been just right for me. LOT's of brakes have been checked with this light! :lol:

I have that one too, carried it while this one was away. Usually it's in my nightstand.

• 1 month later...

How do you like those 18650 batteries. Seems like any flashlight with real output is going to those. I'd think they'd be better than buying those stubby expensive batteries all the time. C183's or something.

• 9 months later...

I dropped my Pro-Tac 2AA Streamlight yesterday.  I got the claim submitted, and the will be sending the light back to them Monday.  The date code on it is 0312, which means it was made in March of 2012.  It must have been pretty fresh when I bought it because I've had close to that long.  It's been through hell, and is pretty beat up.

So, with the Christmas holiday, it took them a little longer to get it to me, their system showed that it shipped Saturday, 12-26, I got it Wednesday 12-30.  What I got is the latest production version of the same light, which is 10-tap programmable, where the old one wasn't.  I'm just relieved to have it back!  I never realized how much I use it every day!

So, with the Christmas holiday, it took them a little longer to get it to me, their system showed that it shipped Saturday, 12-26, I got it Wednesday 12-30.  What I got is the latest production version of the same light, which is 10-tap programmable, where the old one wasn't.  I'm just relieved to have it back!  I never realized how much I use it every day!

I think it's awesome how well they take care of their customers. Upgrading to the newer model, they don't have to do that. I'm sure they could have taken mine apart and cleaned it but instead they shipped the new version which I can take apart the cap switch and clean. 

I think it's awesome how well they take care of their customers. Upgrading to the newer model, they don't have to do that. I'm sure they could have taken mine apart and cleaned it but instead they shipped the new version which I can take apart the cap switch and clean. 

Agreed.  Although, it's probably less labor intensive (cheaper) for them to just toss a new one in a box and ship it out.  Plus, this level of customer service WILL build customer loyalty.  I know I will not hesitate to buy another Streamlight product now!  The only thing that holds me back from buying a more expensive light is the fear of losing it!  For some reason, this slightly bigger light has stuck with me.  The smaller Stylus Pro's don't seem to like to hang around.

I have a Stylus Pro that needs a new end cap assy.  I know it won't be covered under warranty, because the batteries leaked, and they WILL be able to tell.  I know the end cap will fix it, I tried one from another light (which I ended up losing!!!)  They have them for under $5 on their website, which is GREAT!  until you add it to the cart and shipping is added.  Almost $20 for a part for a $27 flashlight?  I don't think so.  I found an online dealer that has them for about dollar more, and only about $5 shipping.  I think it was just over $9 shipped.