Motoseries 2015

Chuck Clay

Has everyone seen the new 2015 Motoseries schedule..........Nelson Series???

April 24-26

May 15-17

June 5-7

June 26-28

July 17-19

August 1-2

August 21-23

September 18-20

Wera did this in the early 90's.....it was fun, if I remember right. It was called Sportsman series 3-4 races.......

Edited by Chuck Clay

I'm really disappointed. I don't know a single rider/racer that thinks it's a good idea. It's bad for Moto Series. I guarantee attendance drops off as racers and track day guys venture to other orgs when they get bored with Nelsons. 

Not gonna lie, I've already been looking at the WERA schedule and seeing what races I can possibly attend. I'll probably do the PIRC and maybe Mid-O stuff with them. Maybe the whole North Central Region season, or maybe just a bunch of track days, who knows?

I looked at expert grids last year and saw the reduced attendance.  Nelson only is only going to make that worse.  The Putnam rounds were money loss events and I understand, but you need to keep at it.  Bowling Green is a haul, but people will travel to race there.  No PIR?  Weird...

The Putnam rounds were money loss events... 

Which is sad, because as far as grids go they were some of the largest all year. I don't know how attendance was for the track day, but I thought grids were better than any of the other race weekends at Nelson or PIRC?

I may just run Mid-O and Pirc with a few Nelson rounds....... just Hard to beat the fun factor Mid-O with the faster "I" group riders.....That's if they all don't move up to Advance group this year and It's hard to make-up time at Nelson against faster bikes......The technical Mid-O allows for some catch up time...LOL

I've been thinking about running some WERA races anyways because I fit better in Clubman and D-superbike. A Motard against 80 rwhp twins is a little unfair on topspeed.

Let the wild speculation begin! (joking ...sort of)

I'll premise this by saying that it's Todd's show, and although I don't know him, he's always seemed like a person who makes decisions for valid reason.  I would speculate that:

- PIRC is jacking up prices.  I can only go by their karting fees, but while I applaud the new management's investment in the facility, the improvements are being reflected in the fees.  On top of that, the South Track has the WERA folks buzzing.  I would bet most won't actually race there until the South track is DONE, but some people might show up just to see the progress.

- Todd is track manager for Nelson Ledges, correct?  Initially, I thought this might be a temporary arrangement, but if it's still in place, he's got a mild conflict of interest regarding where to book events.  At the very least, it would be uncomfortable for him to book 3 weekends at other tracks if Nelson isn't in use at the same time.  Or maybe Todd gets access to Nelson at a discount that's too good to pass up.  PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART, but I think plausible reasons for the change.

People can be upset if they choose to be, but it's a place to ride as fast as you dare.   I hope people still show up for a few rounds, even if they're not down for the full season.

The last time I registered for a track day at a facility that wasn't complete was Bluegrass, and STT wouldn't refund my membership fee (they did refund the trackday fee).  Never again.

$215 seems very reasonable for what the Full course promises to be though.

I believe that just the north was like $185 through them so $30 extra for full isn't bad IMO.

Ya, not much of a bump. I would pay the extra $30. 

Todd did mention PIRC wanted MORE than double to rent the full track. But no one said he had to rent the full track either. You can rent just the North, or just South. 

I agree with the points redkow made. I don't envy the position Todd is in, but I unfortunately don't see Moto Series lasting if the only option is Nelson Ledges. There's a lot of people who already refuse to go to Nelson b/c of the conditions. They will probably never even come back to check it out if improvements are made. And as much as I love Moto Series and NL, I can't spend my entire summer racing one track. 

N2 locked up a lot of days at PIRC. Maybe because MS backed out?

Or is it just easier for PIRC to have N2 contract all the bike track days, deal with WERA for 2 race weekends, and exclude all other MC orgs as superfluous?

All fees being equal, dealing with two customers is easier than dealing with three.

Edited by redkow97

Or is it just easier for PIRC to have N2 contract all the bike track days, deal with WERA for 2 race weekends, and exclude all other MC orgs as superfluous?

All fees being equal, dealing with two customers is easier than dealing with three.

Moto Series/Fastraxx has been dealing with beaver/pirc for a long time. Pretty sure before nesba/N2. I don't think they cut them off. Draw your own conclusions though.

Moto Series/Fastraxx has been dealing with beaver/pirc for a long time. Pretty sure before nesba/N2. I don't think they cut them off. Draw your own conclusions though.

I don't know if it's fair or not to consider NESBA and N2 as the same entity for purposes of that question, but I know when I first rode with Fastraxx in 2008, they only had dates at Nelson.  I had previously done weekends at BeaveRun that year with NESBA and STT. 

But like I said in my prior post, I'm just speculating.  Someone just ask Todd...

Due to my commitment, I'll be at all eight events at Nelson Ledges.  But unless the better half threatens me with divorce (or if my tow vehicle decides to blow up its transmissions again) I will be at Mid Ohio for Vintage and WERA,  and the September PIRC with WERA.  I;ve also reached out to N2 to see if I can do some PIRC dates.

In terms of PIRC / Moto Series what I heard is that they kept changing the date that they wanted to give Todd.