M855 Ban possible?

owndjoo

For anyone looking the fin in middleburg hts still has some green tip on the shelf and it is marked up but not to horrible. They had plenty of 5.56 cheap also I picked up some independence brand 5.56 for $6.49 a box. They had half cases 500 rnds for $162. 

Very nice! I have never owned a Windham rifle but I think that most of the employees used to work for Bushmaster so it should be one hell of a rifle. That makes my A2 HBAR with the standard stock look downright booooooorrrrrrrrring! You need to put a bayonet on just for the hell of it. :)

Hey, simplicity has a beauty all its own! One if my favorite rifles is an unmolested Ruger 10/22.

For anyone looking the fin in middleburg hts still has some green tip on the shelf and it is marked up but not to horrible. They had plenty of 5.56 cheap also I picked up some independence brand 5.56 for $6.49 a box. They had half cases 500 rnds for $162. 

Dang wish  I was closer, Id buy 2x500 all day at that price.  Killer deal.  The 6.49 sold out down here within minutes of everything going public, and everything is pricey again.  .223 at wally is my best bet niow. 

On another forum they were joking that there will be a run on rope at the hardware stores.  All of the hoarders will be hanging themselves when the price drops.

And you'll be able to find it for cheap now. Because when credit card bills come in men's wives are going to kill them.

More reports:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/10/armor-piercing-ammo_n_6841694.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/10/how-angry-gun-owners-shouted-down-a-ban-on-armor-piercing-bullets/

"Last year, the ATF successfully banned Russian-made 7N6 bullets on the grounds they were armor-piercing. Some gun-rights groups objected, but that ruling stood.

"We didn't put it out to comment," Seward noted."

So now we know how the next one will come...

ATF version

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2015-03-021015-advisory-notice-those-commenting-armor-piercing-ammunition-exemption-framework.html

Notice to those Commenting on the Armor Piercing Ammunition Exemption Framework

Thank you for your interest in ATF's proposed framework for determining whether certain projectiles are “primarily intended for sporting purposes” within the meaning of 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)©. The informal comment period will close on Monday, March 16, 2015. ATF has already received more than 80,000 comments, which will be made publicly available as soon as practicable.

Although ATF endeavored to create a proposal that reflected a good faith interpretation of the law and balanced the interests of law enforcement, industry, and sportsmen, the vast majority of the comments received to date are critical of the framework, and include issues that deserve further study. Accordingly, ATF will not at this time seek to issue a final framework. After the close of the comment period, ATF will process the comments received, further evaluate the issues raised therein, and provide additional open and transparent process (for example, through additional proposals and opportunities for comment) before proceeding with any framework.

###

Well, I was going to build my own but changed my mind and decided my first AR should be pre-built to learn from an already working system. I was then going for a light and simple M&P 15 Sport or a Ruger AR556, but neither were available at the price I wanted. Joe at Vances talked me through my goals, and I settled on a Windham Weaponry SRC with a Vortex StrikerFire II red dot for what I think was a great combo price. It was more than I wanted to spend, but still a lot less than these things are under ban threat, so I feel pretty good about it.

ec1328476ac42f251c96e9b18ac182bb.jpg

I went the same route, was going to build an AR. Then I figured I should start with functional rifle to have and possibly use as test bed for parts I plan use in a build. I was looking for those same two AR15's the M and P Sport or the new Ruger AR556. 

I ended up with the Windham SRC. 

I got a Nikon P223 as a gift, and I added a 6 to 9 inch bipod, and an extend charging handle release.

Saw lots of m855 at the gunshow today. Cheapest was $.30 a round, not bad. I got plenty so i passed, but good to see its still not going up in price.

That isnt bad at all actually.  I stopped at Wally Saturday morning for some more random brass 223, the one  I went to had TONS of PPU, brown box with green writing in 50rd pks, AE, everything no limit.

I snagged about 300 rds of the brown box brass from France or something.  Forget the name, but it looks really nice from what I've seen.  Figure the pistol build is now done except for any sights, but who cares, it's a pistol for CQC so no rush there.  Although I am ordering flip ups today.

But yeah, I know Cabelas was out all weekend of 223 from what my friend tells me. 

Wally had a full size ammo can 780 rd I believe, but 500 bux, but had the 120 AE mini tins for like 80 I think it was.  Either way, tons of 223 brass, and tons of steel too.