WTB: Sportster 1200, 2004 or higher

progrmr

Looking for a Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 of pretty much any flavor, want a 2004 or higher year (rubber mounted engine! :)). I'd like to have one with less than 20K miles in good condition. I'm not looking for a fixer-upper.

I will have to sit on it for feel - I'm only 5' 10" tall but coming in around 215lbs. I think it should be good though - I rented a 1200 sporty years ago in Hawaii and was about the same weight, it was great.

I'm trying to get into a Harley w/o breaking the bank, not buy to flip - have up to $4500 cash ready to go. I know, not much for any Harley - it is what it is :) I'm looking so if you have one you want to part with let me know asap!

email at drancour at gmail dot com

thanks!

LOL - awesome. I've found a couple Sporty's that fit my criteria but so far no call backs, made an offer via email (fair based on NADA) on another that's a bit more than I want to spend but looks really nice - no response yet.

No rush but I definitely want to ride soon so I hope somethin' works out!

Just out of curiosity, why are you limiting yourself to a Sportster VS other cruiser type bikes?

Man, I've owned several bikes over the last several years. Everything from sportbikes ('98 ZX-7R, CBR 600f4i) to cruisers (Suzuki Intruder, Honda VTX 1300S), had 2 EX-500's, a '93 Nighthawk 750, an old Honda 250 (can't remember the model but it was fun)...None of those bikes have done much for me. They've all come and gone and i honestly don't miss them.

In the past, I've always tried to get as much bike for the money I wanted to spend as possible rather than asking myself "what do I really want".

I figure the time is right to try a Harley - but honestly the price has to be right for me. I'll only ride 5 months out of the year, and even then not very much. I'm not spending a ton of coin on that.

Edited by progrmr